Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Good Traders Version5 (temp) - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Good Traders Version5 (temp)

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
Over the next few weeks, we'll be migrating the content of the previous Good Traders Version4 thread into the new feedback section & process.

We'll do it as quickly as possible, but there are 144 pages - nearly 4,500 posts - of feedback in the old thread, and we really want to retain that history and migrate it into the next section, so it'll be a week or two.  Whilst we do that work, I've locked the existing v4 thread and will be moving it to a working-in-progress section.  Don't panic, the thread and all the posts hasn't been deleted, it's just moved out of sight whilst we transform all the content into the new process.

In the meantime, please use this thread to continue to post feedback posts, as before, and we'll migrate the content from this thread when we've finished doing the previous thread.  

What is the new feedback section & process?

The discussion thread is here, but in summary the old system was broken;
- it hadn't been updated since Nov13, so all the scores were 2+ years out of date, and anyone joining since Nov13 wasn't included,
- it was dependent on someone maintaining it, ie to update all the "+1" posts into the scores and to add in new members,
- it was flawed in that each post here is limited to a defined number of characters, and the lists were too long to include in the 4 posts reserved in the thread for the scores.

We'll be adopting a process that is similar to BassChat's feedback process (for those who know that system).  In summary;
- there will be a new subsection of Classifieds, called "Feedback".
- within that subsection, each member who has collected trading feedback will have their own thread, titled with their userID.
- anyone trading with that person adds their comment as a post within the thread for that person.
- anyone wanting to see a person's trading history just has to read their thread
- we're looking at tweaking the search function so that it'll be really simple to find the feedback thread for any member

We've also appointed a "Classifieds Mod" because there will be some - but much less - work involved in maintaining the new system.

If you've got any questions or comments on this, please add them to this discussion rather than this feedback thread.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    +1 @StrummyBrummie

Proper good guy and a proper trader.

Perfect, thanks man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • +1 @paulnb57 . A straightforward purchase of a Squier Bronco bass. Cheers Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    +1 @Flanging_Fred

Sold me a Bronco Bass, exactly as described, well packaged, a most exellent transaction, wouldn't hesitate to deal with Fred again......

Cheers Bro!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• +1 @jonnyscaramanga

Who was a great buyer for my Marshall, very straightforward deal, thank you!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • +1 @Jaded

Smooth Liquid Sunshine purchase... Thanks!
  • JadedJaded Frets: 125
    +1 @monkaiboy - real easy guy to deal with, pleasure to sell to! 
  • +1 @preston61 - Top guy and top service.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Frankly, @FreddieVanHalen deserves a +2. Couldn't have been a better person to deal with.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    @TTony +1 the pedal couldn't have been packaged any better, top communication too. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• eSullyeSully Frets: 977
    +1 @TTony Humbuckers arrived in 2 days well packaged, Great to deal with
  • +1 @kjdowd . I paid him, he sent me the thing speedily, clear communication. :)>-
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    +1 @jayscrivener - bought one of my guitars and not only is he a great guy to deal with but also a very nice guy to talk with.
  • +1 @pmg - second trade this month for an Analogman pedal
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    BigRedOne;889655" said:
    +1 @pmg - second trade this month for an Analogman pedal
    Cheers @bigredone hope you like it and take time to adjust to your setup.

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2339
    +1 @jounetsu. Really easy to deal with, great comms. Recommended!

• SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 509
    @Hal9000 bought a Roland cube 15 of him, Top guy great deal @DrBob bought a la cabronita body him sent really quick great fella
  • Chalky said:
    +1 @jayscrivener - bought one of my guitars and not only is he a great guy to deal with but also a very nice guy to talk with.
    Cheers Man, looking forward to getting to play it with it properly!

Excellent to deal with, made sure it arrived safe and sound, even got on the phone to the courier for me! Perfect communication all the way!

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    +1 @Photek

As always a Gentleman and purveyor of the shiniest of red things and other associated splendifery.

The 'Brown Sugar' pedal is EPIC and it's a keeper.
    Thanks man.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1429
    edited December 2015
    +1's for the following fine gentleman

@Alnico - always a pleasure my man ;)
    @ab2014 - nice slick deal thanks man.
    @steffjudd - nice to meet you dude. Enjoy the speakers.
    @tugwellguitar - Wampler Pinnacle is really good thanks.
    @streethawk - hooked me up with a load of parts. Great comms, great guy.
    @John_P - I bought a pedal, arrived quickly as always. Another top guy to deal with.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    edited December 2015
    +1 to @HoraceB. Excellent and hassle free deal on a Way Huge SupaPuss. A top man, deal with confidence with this guy. :)
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 326
    Thanks @boogieman, may I say same the same to you. +1 your way.  :) 
  • @photek ;
    A man  true to his word.
    Thanks very much for the pedal.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    @teetonetal +1 super to deal with, finally have a juansolo i'm happy with.
  • @desvegas back attcha good guy to deal with!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • +1 @markblack spot on many thanks.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    +1 @topomorto great to deal with, Cheers.
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 541
    +1 for @jonnyscaramanga

Great seller - swift shipment and easy to deal with.
    Love the pedal too!

Late +1 for @menamestom

Quick payment and no hassle - good buyer!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Similar +1 for @Lewligan. Glad you like it!

Also +1 for @grammar, slightly belatedly, with the caveat I haven't had a chance to use the pedal yet (Hence not leaving feedback) but it looks in good nick so I'm going to assume it's fine! It arrived quickly and he was great to deal with. He refunded me immediately after I overpaid by accident, which was reassuring.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • +1 for the commendable Teetonetal.  Superb communication, fast delivery from Switzerland.  Top fella, buy with confidence.   Accidentally put this on the bad traders list by rushing to comment - a disgraceful mistake on my part.  For the record Teetonetal is A++++++++.

He's a hard man to ignore, but it's worth the effort.
  • +1 @pinstripephil a pleasure to deal with
This discussion has been closed.