Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The synth GAS thread - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The synth GAS thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    Must admit I occasionally think that selling the Juno would get me half way towards one, which is mighty tempting...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • offer me a grand and a Juno 60 and I might be tempted :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'm sure you would :) I could buy new for that though.
    Juno 60s fetch up to £1k these days from what I can tell, and mine is (overused word alert) mint, absolutely immaculate with original manual and patch cassette tape. And a new P6 is £2k. So sell the Juno and chuck another £1k in = new P6.

Admittedly I might have to wait a little while for a £1k buyer or settle for a little less, but I wouldn't be far off.

It's all theory anyway, I'm not that likely to put money where mouth is.
  • blimey, do they go for that much? i'd always thought around £700, but then I only really looked at Juno 6's. But yeah, the P6 is £2k on the nose if you ask shops nicely enough. I came into a chunk of cash which is why I bought one; had I have had to save for it, not sure I'd have gone so indulgent, but it is bloody lovely.
    There's a few completed on ebay for £950, so yeah. (and some scammy-looking ones for a lot more).

£650-700 is the asking for a Juno 6 these days, though whether they get that for them I don't know.

Vintage analogue synths have gone mental lately, which strikes me as weird seeing as there's so much more good new analogue stuff out there now. 
    BTW you don't even have to ask nicely now - gear4music, Andertons etc advertsing at £1999
  • ah really? I bought when they'd only just landed - they were listed then for circa £2200. They were always going to come down mind you.
    Aye it's the way of things. On other stuff I had a quick play of the Korg Odyssey in a shop the other day and left pretty impressed. I'd almost consider getting rid of my real ARP one for it, if it wasn't for the stupid mini keys. Grr. 
  • did you see Guitarguitar were knocking those out at 499 the other day?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    I still love my JV1080, it sounds immense coupled with suitable plugins :)
    Yes Gav I did - I reckon that was a bargain if you can live with the format.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Well, I dunno if this fits... but my synth fetishes are mainly old analogue stuff. Although all I have currently is:

Korg Micro Preset (the OMD synth). Amazing sounding thing, although some may say its not a true 'synth' as you can't play with the oscillators in the time honoured tradition. I say "bollocks", its brilliant... and its really easy to dial in those early OMD and Human League sounds. I love it!

I'm going to shove this in here too. Omnichord! 

These things are brilliant fun and are keyboards for those of us who really don't know what they are doing with 88 keys. Bargain-tasic, especially if you shove the output through effects (sounds fantastic with some flange and an EQD Hummingbird).

I *want* a Korg MS10 - but I am  long of pocket, short of arm!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I remember seeing Julian Cope back on the Peggy Suicide tour and his guitarist Donald Ross Skinner played an Omnichord on a couple of songs. They are definitely more useful than their 'toy' appearance would suggest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I want a DSI Tempest more than I want any guitar (or amp) at the moment.

Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I've got a Moog Sub Phatty, unfortunately my only analog synth. However I've got Komplete 10 and just got the Arturia V collection 4 deal from NI so I'm pretty sorted for soft synths. Tempted by Eurorack but that will have to wait for a while! I've also got an iConnectivity MIDI interface so I can use iPad stuff like Animoog and iVCS3 properly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Funny thing is, I don't even own a cat.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Love the Pro-One and Micro Preset. Old analogues really are the tits. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 958
    edited December 2015
    i know this divides opinion,but i would love one of these (since finding out about them this week watching yt vids). if it's good enough for jean michel jarre ;-) image
    have always loved these  tooimage
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The JD-800 is great, but it looks like the kind of thing the entertainer (Darth Clayderman?) in the bar on the Death Star 2 would be playing. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    i know this divides opinion,but i would love one of these (since finding out about them this week watching yt vids). if it's good enough for jean michel jarre ;-) 
    Me too - Chvrches use one on their 'acoustic' sessions
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    I want a DSI Tempest more than I want any guitar (or amp) at the moment.

Mate of mine did sound design for this, and we had one in the office for a day or so. I had a quick play, quite nice.