Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I Haz Tab For Great Solo/Good Finger Excercise! - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I Haz Tab For Great Solo/Good Finger Excercise!

BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
edited August 2013 in Theory

One of my Fave tunes. Strawberry Letter 23 by The Brothers Johnson (Lee Ritenour on Guitar on Vid).

Unfortunately the vid I learned the Finger Pattern from a vid that has Paolo Nutini killing the song. There is another vid of the same performance on YT with slightly different Camera shots, so I used both.

I had previously been given a tab(supposedly an official one with the sheet music) which had the correct notes before, but a different Finger Pattern using 3 strings on 3 out of the 4 phrases, I am now fully decided to commit to learning it in the method Lee plays it here, ie on 2 strings per phrase, I'm almost 100% he is only using 2 strings per phrase here.

Each phrase is played 4 times and in the original recording there are 2 cycles of the 4 phrases. Excuse my unorthodox method of writing tab, I don't write it often.

TAB.

Phrase 1.

12 12 10 (e)

12 8        (b)

Phrase 2

13 13 10  (e)

11 10    (b)

Phrase 3

13 13 12 (e)

13 10  (b)

Phrase 4

16 16 11 (b)

13 12  (g)

or

11 11 6  (e)

9  8    (b)

which I find easier.

I might have it up to speed in about 9 months. It's a great finger excercise though and I've not found a correct version of this tab online yet.

Although if you don't like the song the thread is completely useless :-B

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter