Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guitar & Bass 'Gear of the Year' awards - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guitar & Bass 'Gear of the Year' awards

HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
December edition has just landed on my doormat (yeah, I know it's not even half way through November but seems to be something mags do). Anyway, just ranting that Gear of the Year is basically just reprising some stuff they've already told you all about earlier. Is it just me? Or does this smack of laziness on the part of good folks at Anthem Publishing?
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Funnily enough, I was scanning the spines of some back issues recently for something to read and I chanced upon last year's "Gear of the year" issue...and my heart sank knowing that all the guitar mags I follow will be full of this rubbish this month

Bores me completely. If I want to see what was hot news in February..I'll read February's edition again thank you very much.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Presumably these editions are win win for the publishers as they are cheap to put together and get a fair wack of additional sales for those looking for yuletide purchasing guidance. For regular readers obviously they suck the big one.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Yes it's a bit crap. I think this edition wasn't too bad though because the proportion of repeats was quite low - there's some other stuff in there that I want to read (some recent years there's been barely a couple of pages that I hadn't seen before).