Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Your instinctive answer please! - Music Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Your instinctive answer please!

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10211
edited November 2013 in Music
If you had to name your favourite band ever, no "hang on a minute" or "on second thoughts" - just the first band that pops into your head? Mine was Rainbow; I thought it would have been Steve Vai.
Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    edited November 2013
    The Damned
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gaslight Anthem
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Zappa
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    Beatles
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Queen
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Black Sabbath

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Skynyrd
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Guns n Roses
    All practice and no theory
  • First thing that pops into my mind is, "Not off topic". Does that count?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145

First thing that pops into my mind is, "Not off topic". Does that count?

great studio, but crap live
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Elliott Smith.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211

Moved, thanks.
  • The Beatles. 

Given time I would debate between Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead and Portishead but instinctively the Beatles are always going to be the first thing out of my head.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Led Zep

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band
  • viz said:

Moved, thanks.

Now it's in FX :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • photekphotek Frets: 1429
    Blind Melon.
  • Thin Lizzy.
    Although I can't remember the last time I listened to them outside of Boys are Back on the radio.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    viz said:

Moved, thanks.

Now it's in FX :))

How do you operate this bloody thing? Hang on ...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Lloyd Cole (and the Commotions, if it has to be a band).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    Extreme
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    The Undertones

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Clapton... But if I had to think about it then currently Tedeschi Trucks Band
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    The Jam
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • wordywordy Frets: 67
    Radiohead.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409

REM,

narrowly beating Steely Dan.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Marillion ....... with Fish
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Hawkwind - although I would have to qualify it with prior to 1984!
  • Queen
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Paul_C;76329" said:
    The Jam
    My number two.
    I play at my dining room table.