Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gryphin Amps - Updates pictures etc - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gryphin Amps - Updates pictures etc

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2148
    tFB Trader

Firestorm. Great name that, I'm surprised someone hasn't already used it! ;)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/42309/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    martinw said:

Firestorm. Great name that, I'm surprised someone hasn't already used it! ;)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/42309/

Ha ha, that's so funny.  I've got a prototype on the bench that I've been calling 'Firestorm',  Time for a change! 
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2148
    tFB Trader

What can you do? :shrugs:

There's only so many words in the English language! :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    RiftAmps said:
      Ha ha, that's so funny.  I've got a prototype on the bench that I've been calling 'Firestorm',  Time for a change! 
    What is the prototype? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:
    What is the prototype? 
    It's a Hi-gain plexi head, 2xKT88 - it's for the Mrs to replace her DSL50
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    RiftAmps said:
    RiftAmps said:
    What is the prototype? 
    It's a Hi-gain plexi head, 2xKT88 - it's for the Mrs to replace her DSL50
    Oof lovely.  
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    @martinw said:

What can you do? :shrugs:

There's only so many words in the English language! :D

oops,  did not know you had an amp already released under that name, will change it for the future!
    tFB Trader
    I haven't posted in this thread for a while, mostly because I have been so busy, here is a little 50w combo I have built for a local musician, 50w EL34 output, with valve driven effects loop that work very nicely, enough gain on tap for the blues classic rock controlled with the master volume and then you can drive the clappers out of the power section too for more harmonic richness, with my mid switching circuit and bite control that makes this amp really versatile. going to try and do a video tonight before he collects tomorrow.

I don't actually have an amp in the house anymore so I am thinking I will build one for myself as it is allot of fun to play

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    That's nice, is it a standard plexi circuit
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    That's nice, is it a standard plexi circuit
    Thanks, no it may look like it a bit, but it does not have the cathode follower circuit that gives the Plexi amps allot of the character, it is really my own design that can cover a decent range, nice clean slightly compressed sounds and the mid switching gives loads of flexibility
    tFB Trader
    Here is a video a local guitarist named Chris did for me with the Talon amp, great player and just goes to show how much better things can sound when you get someone who knows what they are doing to do the recording, think I may take own some of my own efforts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5vU4xDoPU

tFB Trader
    Another video from Chris, really like the eastern theme he came up with on this one to tie in the the Dragon name

Looking forward to the Guitarshow in Feb and should have a good number of amps with me... just need a bigger van!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ9ifuFNJII

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Been a while since I posted in this thread, not for lack of output, Here is a  15w combo we did earlier this year, Voxish TB flavour with extra gain stage available and master volume, fitted with Celestion Alnico Blue speaker, was a lot of fun to play