Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oil City: little (ish) checks for big poles! (Groan) - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oil City: little (ish) checks for big poles! (Groan)

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
My new 1/4 inch pole Oil City Liquidator Tele set ... 10k neck 12k bridge, alnico 5... fat and full, but still with single coil bite and very definitely 'twang' with the gain rolled off a little. Rock, heavy rock, metal ... all work with these beasties.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Nice!! Make me want to buy another tele!!

M ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah...

... I'm going to be needing a set of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    edited September 2015 tFB Trader
    Then PM me @ThePPrettyDamned ... you just got to beta test them!
    The prototype set in the pics will be winging their way to you.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    I want a new tele just to try these in!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Wow, yet more stunning pickups...

I want these
    And I want the alligator 90 / Californian
    and I want the soon coming rails.

and only 1 guitar to put them in... which to get, which to get..
  • They arrived.

Wiring them in next week - watch this space. I'm very excited.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nice! Can a cover still fit on the neck pickup?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Top flatwork is too large ... in order to get all those windings on

• Okay, they're wired in - but I made a right mess of the nut, so I can't comment on tone! :(

I'll get the guitar to a tech asap. Tomorrow possibly :)