Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Help me power several FX with 1 plug? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Help me power several FX with 1 plug?

What's Hot
bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 44
Pretty much as the title suggests. I'm sick of having enough extension leads for the whole street to power pedals. I know there must be a multi psu unit out there for me? There just seems to be so many options, I'm a bit confused as to what I need exactly.

Most of my pedals take the boss 9v style, but not all of them so it would need to be able to power certain outlets different to others? 

I'm thinking of a budget about £70 tops for it, if it came on a board to stick my pedals on - happy days
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• One spot is good on a budget. It's not so much the connectors as any unusual power requirements that you need to check for. 9v dc tip negative is kind of standard. Look out for pedals requiring ac, tip positive or higher voltage.
    Something like the Pedal power 2 plus is more all-encompassing, with isolated outputs, but a fair bit more expensive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    BBE Supacharger has a lot of the features of the PP2 and is a bit cheaper.  In the long run you might be better spending a bit more up front.  I've got a Supacharger now but I'd have saved money if I'd bought that in the first place, and not gone through 2 other power supplies first.
  • What are the pedals that aren't the boss 'standard' 9v centre neg?
  • This is a useful page for referencing power supplies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited November 2013
    I use a diago powerstation to power all my pedals: Tim, Hoof, EP Boos, SP Comp, minitune, el capistan, mobius, DPC-5, Klon KTR. For the strymon pedals I use gigrig timelord adaptors. Sometimes I use a fuz and for that I also have a center positive adaptor. Cheap, small and no noise at all.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    My stock reply is One Spot. I used two (one in front, one in the loop) and never had any problems. Now I use a Carl Martin Pro Power, which is basically the same as a Voodoo Labs PP2.
  • Change your pedalboard? I moved from Diago to Pedaltrain and now have PSUs underneath on a 2-way extension, so I only have one plug to plug in :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'd vote one spot. It's a quiet and powerful adapter.

Of course, more expensive ones have their uses but I'd only employ them if you're either having issues such as noise (never had problems with the one spot) or are gigging heavily, where bulletproof-ness makes sense (the one spot simply won't hold up the same as a proper power station).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Guys, thanks for all the comments. 

With regard to one spot - is it really less than £20 for a 'decent' bit of kit? In all my guitar years, it's been very rare something decent has been this cheap! 

Right now I'd be powering 5 pedals, if my memory serves all take a 'boss' style 9V, so the one spot is ideal - right? 
  • Oh on my santa list is a DL4, that takes a different style of PSU right? 
  • Guys, thanks for all the comments. 

With regard to one spot - is it really less than £20 for a 'decent' bit of kit? In all my guitar years, it's been very rare something decent has been this cheap! 

Right now I'd be powering 5 pedals, if my memory serves all take a 'boss' style 9V, so the one spot is ideal - right? 
  • Oh on my santa list is a DL4, that takes a different style of PSU right?