Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Got dumped, what to buy to cheer me up? - Personnel Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Got dumped, what to buy to cheer me up?

What's Hot
johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
edited August 2015 in Personnel
So in a major depression. Life sucks. Women are nuts. At least my Les Paul will never leave me

What can I buy gear wise that's cheap-ish and pretty random and will distract me for a bit?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    A fleshlight.
    41reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    Telecaster will fix everything :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Gear wise, you can't beat Heroin and Cocaine.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Hooker and an 8 ball of coke.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    If you don't already have a looper they're pretty good for killing time and good practice. And beer.......and a Telecaster.....Strat? Defo beer though!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm with @blueskunk

But you may wish to consider a lubricated butt plug.

I wouldn't, but you might.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Some cheap pedals and weed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Gym membership
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Some Leonard Cohen?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    try a bit of gardening - cures nearly all ailments...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

If hes feeling depressed stay the fuck away from coke especially.

But plugs are way cool but id still say a telecaster , maybe one them lovely classic vibe 50s models.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2221
    Luscious Linda the inflatable wonder!

Also weed, coke or better still MDMA the wonder cure for everything blue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 199
    edited August 2015
    And at the cheaper end of the market

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Just watch Swingers and get mashed. It's the only cure.
    All practice and no theory
  • p90fool;752217" said:
    A fleshlight.
    Haha!!!
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sarge said:
    Luscious Linda the inflatable wonder!

Also weed, coke or better still MDMA the wonder cure for everything blue.
    Yeah, a date with Mandy never fails to amuse.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ParkerParker Frets: 958
    blueskunk;752299" said:
    I normally recommend class As for birthdays etc
    Vox AC30??
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2350
    dafuzz said:
    Just watch Swingers and get mashed. It's the only cure.
    The problem is that he's so money, but he doesn't know it
  • Jam jar and half a pound of liver
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Just buy something you would not have before because it would have annoyed her. And hookers. Three at once. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    A jar of jam. Spread liberally between the gap in the sofa cushions.

No need to thank me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2015
    On a serious note, someone mentioned a looper pedal, great idea.
    Incidentally.... I bought a 2nd NUX Loop Core but didn't really need or use it, £60 or £70 with an enclosure and parts for a control pedal for it which I never got round to putting together.
    That's 6 hours stereo recording, a Boss RC3 clone iirc
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Join a P&W group and find yourself a nice, wholesome God fearing girl.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What's a P&W group?
    Preach and worship
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Get a dirt pedal, or 30.

Ans somw wah's. Either a pedal or a woman, either's good.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    edited August 2015
    johnonguitar;48988" said:
    So in a major depression. Life sucks. Women are nuts.
    As my old boss used to say...

It doesn't matter how good looking they are - they will be giving someone some shit.

Buy a lapsteel and play some blues.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    ...did she find your data on Ashley Maddison??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I'm selling a used one in the classifieds if you want to save a bit of £££££?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Something funny to watch.. Have a look at this - it's Otis Lee Crenshaw (rich hall) singing about musical instruments and women
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter