Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I has drawd a mock-up of my next geetar build - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I has drawd a mock-up of my next geetar build

Well, after the great success of the last guitar I built (I had a long thread on MR, killed off by the bastards!) , I have started off on a new project, and this time I intend to tackle a neck build as well (shock horror!!!). Anyway, as before, I have thought carefully about not only spec, but also how I want it to look. The guitars that I like are somewhat idiosyncratic, so it is quite possibly not to other peoples taste, but I have arrived on something that I am totally happy with personally so that is all that matters really.  So yeah, here is is:

Mahogany bolt on neck, clay type dots, ebony fretboard. 

Mercilessly abusing the classic tele style by adding a trem (can't be without a trem!)

Sounds will be a bit weird, as I'm putting a concealed pup in the middle (hopefully from Theguitarweasel!) and having a 5 way switch and also an S1 for total mayhem. If it is a disaster then I can revert to classic tele wiring and it won't look any different!

Anyway, it's gonna take a while but is just about underway. I have an unrouted tele blank and a lump of wood for a neck.  I'll probably tackle the neck first as I know I can do everything else.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    If its half as good as the last one ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Nice. Reminds me slightly of 'Girl Brand' guitars… super cool and expensive art guitars which were all basically Tele-types with graphics, inset objects and other weirdness.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've always thought telecasters look great with a 6 point, so no loss of respect there.

Was it you that did the tele with Chinese/mandarin (cannot remember) writing? Because, although I had no idea what it meant, that was probably one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    the tele bridge pickup may have to be moved as it will foul the bridge screws there.  other than that it looks great
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409

Looks cool as...

One thing I like about the Tele shape is that it withstands any amount of fiddling with and still ends up looking ace. Can't say that for many guitar shapes.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    @ThePrettyDamned Why thank you kind sir, that was indeed my guitar, you can see it fairly small in my avatar.