Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Salvo Guitars - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Salvo Guitars

What's Hot
Hello all,

for some time now I have been working on getting some properly loud colours and themes on guitars and the first model is now ready for sale.  Please check out the website here: Salvo Guitars Website

I'm off to the workshop now to get the green meanie finished ! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SalvoSalvo Frets: 18
    This is the first to be finished - neon pink which is impossible to capture with a camera.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    hoping to get this one finished today !

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Hi Jaden, welcome to the forum.  :)
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    oh noes!  ive been rumbled :p 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    and the green meanie is complete.  now for sale here: http://salvoguitars.co.uk/guitar_instances/21

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Good luck with the venture Jaden. So why the decision to brand these as distinct from Jaden Rose guitars ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    If you want pickups in anything other than black lol ....image

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

DrBob said:
    Good luck with the venture Jaden. So why the decision to brand these as distinct from Jaden Rose guitars ?
    simply because as you pointed out, they are distinctly different from the natural wood theme of the Jaden guitars.

If you want pickups in anything other than black lol ....

gotcha !  been meaning to call you for ages, somehow when I get in from work, you have already gone home :p
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I can do pink, blue, pink and blue 'ergh' ... red ... and probably some other combos!  All dead eighties!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

edited July 2015
    Orange and Yellow almost ready to go now !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Love these, they appeal very much to my pending mid-life crisis (40 later this year!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nice headstock! Lots of fendery'inspired guitars really fall at that, but that does look pretty sweet indeed. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    They look good! Although not the kind of guitar I play personally these days.
    cheers guys.. they are pretty bright !  just the thing for a mid life crisis :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
    They are epic! Any chance of someone putting one through it's paces.

Fred Brum* or Lyle Watt possibly?

*he might not even notice it's not an ERG . . .
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    Any chance of having the yellow one ....for free??? :) 
    Elwood said:
    They are epic! Any chance of someone putting one through it's paces.

Fred Brum* or Lyle Watt possibly?

*he might not even notice it's not an ERG . . .
    Lyle is coming to visit soon.. perhaps the pair of us should do something.. a performance.. a duet?
    I dunno, its gotta be 80's of course..  songs that spring to mind

Alison hell

Balls to the wall

Metal church

Summer nights - this makes my arm ache, dont vote for it !

Viking Kong (perhaps not 80's but awesome) or if thats too far away, technical difficulties ?

• Technical difficulties - isn't it a comfortably numb jam gone bananas? Do it!

Or anything by steel panther. Super sonic sex machine would be pretty great.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Some Judas Priest would be good!
    Technical difficulties - isn't it a comfortably numb jam gone bananas? Do it!

this is true.. plus I already did it years ago....

Elwood said:
    I like it, what about Painkiller?
  • Salvo;689785" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Technical difficulties - isn't it a comfortably numb jam gone bananas? Do it!

this is true.. plus I already did it years ago....

Elwood said:

Yes!
    Salvo;689785" said:

Elwood said:

Perfect!

edited November 2015
    GOOD NEWS !

In my rush to get the Salvo Reload model ready and the website up to date I have to admit that I had a "educated guess" at the pricing for this model.
    I do have a system for pricing every model of guitar and so have finally run the Reload through it.

the good news is that I did overestimate the price and that its dropped fairly significantly.

hardtails are now £899
    trem's are now £999

both supplied with standard pickups.

more good news is that @theguitarweasel has developed a unique pickup for the Salvo models to bring out the best of the 80's vibe and he has done a fantastic job! 
    an Oil City Pickups Custom Salvo upgrade set will be available at just an additional £100

http://salvoguitars.co.uk/guitar_instances/show_all
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1271
    Incredible prices! I think I'll get one for Xmas! Nothing says "merry christmas me" like spandex and hairbands! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter