Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Little Bass amp - Ampeg BA-108 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Little Bass amp - Ampeg BA-108

ROOGROOG Frets: 549

Anyone got or know where I can get a circuit diagram for this little amp?

I have my daughters boyfriend's BA-108 and I found that it blew its 'chassis fuse, 400mA.

I have checked out the power supply section at it seems ok, replaced the fuse and it works, but I would like to check the quiescent conditions and it would be useful to have the circuit.

Seems to be made from Real 80's components in this one. :0)  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    If it works now there's unlikely to be anything wrong with it - solid-state tends to die permanently, so if an output transistor had shorted (the most common cause of a blown fuse) it would just blow the new one - possibly with a loud hum for several seconds beforehand.

Sounds like it might just have been pushed too hard (easy to do with such a low-powered bass amp) or there was a power spike of some sort.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    edited October 2013
    Thanks ICBM, that's encouraging, I did ask if he'd given it some stick, he said no! sent ampeg an email, requesting circuit, they may get back to me. :) Tbh it wouldnt take much to trace the circuit, pretty simple little beast.