Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Megii's interesting pickup sale - only humbuckers left, £15 the lot anyone? - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Megii's interesting pickup sale - only humbuckers left, £15 the lot anyone?

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
edited May 2015 in Parts £
EDIT: Just to summarise  the remaining stock of pickups for sale as of today (22th May 2015):

Warman Destroyer Humbucker (unused) £7 posted

2 sets of Asian-made dual blade humbuckers (i.e. each set has a neck and bridge pickup included) £7 per set posted

Or I'll do the whole lot above for £15 posted!

Payment by Paypal gift please - I know there have been some issues with certain sellers on the forum, but I've been on here a while now, and both bought and sold stuff myself in that time, and I believe proved myself trustworthy. I will post everything 1st class Royal Mail, hopefully the next day, or the one after that at the latest, and package carefully. Please PM me if interested in anything.

SOLD -  Fender Lace Blue in white, 8" of wire still fitted, and only £15 posted SOLD

2 sets of unused Asian-made humbuckers in surrounds - black coils and with matte black blades. Each set has a bridge at 13.3K and neck at 7.2K. I got these from a Hong Kong seller on ebay - when they arrived after several weeks, they were not the spec I'd ordered, but he'd sent me 2 sets by mistake instead of one, so I kept them. 4 conducter wire fitted, not sure what type of magnet, but the original advert said alnico 5, so probably that. Just £10 per set posted. Reduced to a mere £7 per set, posted

SOLD Next a Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 strat-size humbucker for the neck position. £15 posted. - SOLD.

SOLD Next, an old Seymour Duncan "Classic Strat Stack" from the late 1980s.  I will say £15 posted for this one. Reduced to £12 posted SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I'll take the Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 please.

PM me your deets please

Thank you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
    I'll take the Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 please.

PM me your deets please

Thank you
    PM sent, cheers - the SD Lil 59 is sold pending, as they say. :)
    edited April 2015
    I'll get some more of the pickups up now

SOLD next up we have a Tonerider AC4 alnico 4 PAF-type neck humbucker, in decent but used condition. Cream/black zebra coils, 50mm pole spacing, 4-conductor + shield wire, and about 9.5" of wire still on there. I measured it at 7.3K this morning. I've found some suitable chrome height adjust screws and springs, but they aren't the originals. Comes with the box, but no instructions or original packaging - I'll ensure it's well protected and cushioned with bubble wrap though. Makes a good pickup for blues imo :D  £15 posted SOLD

edited May 2015
    Next is an unused Warman Destroyer with black hex poles, ceramic magnet, measured this morning at 16.1Kohm. 52mm pole spacing, 4-conductor plus shield wire, and the wire is approx 9" long. Not an expensive pickup new (£15 ish I believe) so I'll just say £8 posted. Reduced to £7 posted

A few demos of this on YouTube if you do a search. :)
    edited April 2015
    SOLD And there's more - next is an Axesrus "Bourbon City" alnico 2 PAF-type set, black open coils. I had these fitted to one of my main gigging guitars for quite a while, and I would say they are really nice, sweet-sounding pickups (I normally play clean jazz). I would say equivalent quality to something like Toneriders certainly. They are in used, but perfectly presentable condition. The bridge is 52mm pole spacing, with 9" of wire still on there, this morning measured at 8.6Kohm. The neck is 50mm pole spacing, 9.5" of wire, measured by me at 7.4Kohm. Both pickups have 4-conductor plus shield wiring, so you can do a coil tap,  or series-parallel switching, and/or phase switching, or whatever, if the fancy takes you. German silver baseplates. £25 posted for the set. SOLD

Axesrus selling these at £40 each now - that's a bit pricey imo, but it gives you some idea - some info and sound samples can be found here: http://www.axesrus.co.uk/Axesrus-Bourbon-City-Humbuckers-p/g109-anc2.htm
    edited May 2015
    SOLD And next, a strat-sized dual blade affair, bought from Axesrus a few years ago - I guess probably made by Artec. It measures at 9.2Kohm, so not as hot a wind as some similar pickups. Axesrus described it as having an alnico 5 magnet, although I've never been entirely certain that is true - it could be a ceramic perhaps. But either way, I have used it in the bridge position in a strat style guitar, and found it to be quite a sweet kind of tone, and works nicely for cleans as well as overdriven tones. It's fatter sounding than a strat pickup certainly, but won't overpower the middle or neck pickups, and has good clarity. There is 6" of the main connecting wires left, and also a wire to earth the blade poles, which is 4" long. In used but reasonable nick - I'll say £8 posted for this one. Reduced to £7 posted SOLD

Sorry, went on to another posting box there for some reason, but just a couple more pics of the Axesrus blade strat-size humbucker for you. :)
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5307
    PMed re: Tonerider
    PMed re: Tonerider
    Replied :)
    Tonerider Alnico 4 PAF-type humbucker now sold to @BloodEagle :)
  • Received the SD lil 59 this morning :)

Many thanks
    Received the SD lil 59 this morning :)

Many thanks
    Good to hear, cheers again for the sale @Fortheloveofguitar :)
    edited April 2015
    Axesrus Bourbon City set now sold, cheers.
    Fender Lace Blue now sold (pending), cheers.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 179
    Can I get a discount on the Lace Blue and Classic Strat stack if I put them back into the scratchplate they used to live in? :)

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7670/17116387158_aaa80f1b2e_z.jpg
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited May 2015
    dchwhite said:
    Can I get a discount on the Lace Blue and Classic Strat stack if I put them back into the scratchplate they used to live in? :)

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7670/17116387158_aaa80f1b2e_z.jpg
    Hi @dchwhite ! - I'm afraid the Lace Blue is sold some while ago - just noticed it still says "sold pending" - sorry I evidently forgot to update the ad there. Otherwise I'm sure we could have done a deal! :D That was, imo, a great pickup combination, but unless I decide to keep the Classic Strat stack, and get another Lace Blue, it's unlikely to be heard again.

Lovely job with that Starfield - is that the body I sent you restored, or a different one? Nice to see what you've done there anyhow, and glad those parts went to the right person. :)

Hi Graham,

I'll be honest, I was more wanting to show you that things had moved on a bit than genuinely trying to dicker for pickups :) I am contemplating the Classic Strat Stack, but two of my other Starfields have those in them anyway (as originally fitted) and I am torn between the wanting and the needing, so to speak.

I got lucky on eBay a little bit ago, and found someone else who had some Starfield bits: between yours and his there was enough to screw this together over Easter. The body came from the second lot - I haven't restored your one yet, but rest assured its day will come! The electrics are a bit ghetto atm, but there's a new US 5 way of some description (I think Oak) from my spares box, and I will order a couple of CTS true vintage whatnotpots in time for the next string change, and get it wired up properly.

Thanks for letting me have the parts in the first place - much appreciated :)

Dan

dchwhite said:

Hi Graham,

I'll be honest, I was more wanting to show you that things had moved on a bit than genuinely trying to dicker for pickups :) I am contemplating the Classic Strat Stack, but two of my other Starfields have those in them anyway (as originally fitted) and I am torn between the wanting and the needing, so to speak.

I got lucky on eBay a little bit ago, and found someone else who had some Starfield bits: between yours and his there was enough to screw this together over Easter. The body came from the second lot - I haven't restored your one yet, but rest assured its day will come! The electrics are a bit ghetto atm, but there's a new US 5 way of some description (I think Oak) from my spares box, and I will order a couple of CTS true vintage whatnotpots in time for the next string change, and get it wired up properly.

Thanks for letting me have the parts in the first place - much appreciated :)

Dan

No worries Dan - it's just really nice for me to see that those parts live on in another guitar, to this day I do feel a bit bad about my treatment of that Starfield, but seeing what you've been up to helps! :)
    edited May 2015
    Bump with reductions on remaining stock - dual blade humbucker sets now just £7 a set posted, strat size dual blade also £7 posted, SD classic strat stack just £12 posted. Warman Destroyer humbucker £7 posted. Can't really go lower and have it be worth my while with the postage costs/time. Grab a bargain! :)
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 138
    I'll take the Classic Strat Stack. PM PayPal details and I'll pay when I get home this evening
    edited May 2015
    dean2371 said:
    I'll take the Classic Strat Stack. PM PayPal details and I'll pay when I get home this evening
    Cheers @dean2371 - the Classic Strat Stack is now sold, and I'll send you a PM with the PayPal details as requested. :)

EDIT: Just to summarise  the remaining stock of pickups for sale as of today (14th May 2015):

Axesrus Dual Rail strat size £7 posted
    2 sets of unused Asian-made dual blade humbuckers (i.e. each set has a neck and bridge pickup included) £7 per set posted

Or I'll do the whole lot above (i.e. 6 pickups) for £20 posted - has to be tempting surely?! 
    :)
    Just to give it a bump - items listed in the post above still available. :)
    edited May 2015
    Bump again - will still sell all 6 remaining pickups for £20, or £7 per pickup/set :) 

2 sets of unused Asian-made dual blade humbuckers (i.e. each set has a neck and bridge pickup included) £7 per set posted

Or £20 the lot, posted!
    Megii said:

No worries Dan - it's just really nice for me to see that those parts live on in another guitar, to this day I do feel a bit bad about my treatment of that Starfield, but seeing what you've been up to helps! :)
    Don't feel bad - at least some of it lives on, and I'm sure the rest of it will when I find the next box of bits :)

I'm just pleased Simon has taken the SD & removed temptation tbh :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited May 2015
    dchwhite said:
    Megii said:

Don't feel bad - at least some of it lives on, and I'm sure the rest of it will when I find the next box of bits :)

I'm just pleased Simon has taken the SD & removed temptation tbh :)
    Cheers mate! Having spare pickups sitting around is always in danger of tempting me into another build project, which I'm trying to avoid. Also I have to say the Starfield neck I kept is fantastic and works perfectly as part of the guitar I used it for, so nothing from the guitar went to waste at least. 

Anyway, I'll call this post another bump for the remaining pickups:

Or £20 the lot, posted!  

:)
    Axesrus dual blade strat size now sold to @hugbot - cheers for the sale mate.

So, a bump for the remaining pickups:

2 sets of unused Asian-made dual blade humbuckers (each set has a 7.2K neck pickup and 13.3K bridge pickup, scroll up for pictures and more info) - £7 posted per set

An unused Warman Destroyer pickup with black hex poles, 16.1K (again scroll up for pics and further details) yours for £7 posted

Or if someone wants all of them (i.e. both sets of the Asian dual blade humbuckers plus the Warman Destroyer humbucker) I'll do that for a bargain-tastic £15 posted. :)