Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: Sunn Mustang/Parts - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: Sunn Mustang/Parts

What's Hot
Dagga36Dagga36 Frets: 11
Hi
Doing up a old Indian Sunn Mustang, but the parts are all oddly sized
Anyone got any old Sunn parts or an old Sunn for sale?
Mine is the version with the truss rod adjustment at the body end
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Which headstock logo type?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2221
    I have one I'm happy to break up, what you need?
    suspiciousminds;601895" said:
    Which headstock logo type?
    The made in India models only had one logo type, gold name, no horsie :)

Absolutely fantastic guitar the mustang, narrow board, really thick rosewood, jumbo frets and useable pickups, only bad thing about them was/is the tuners.
  • Dagga36Dagga36 Frets: 11
    It's the gold logo version
    Seen three type though. One with made in India , one with fmic, and the one I have , sunn logo but nothing written underneath
    Anyone know if the newer horsie ones scratch plate would be a direct fit?
    They have 10 holes
    No, they don't fit, at least the one I tried.
    What parts are you looking for?
    I have a loaded body, but the 53mm neck pocket has been widened to fit a 56mm I think, I have a neck but needs a truss rod.
    Happy to split.
    It's HSS, aged white plate and pickups.
    The made in India labeled were the early ones, fmic came next then right at the end of 89 came the plain sunn mustang logo.
    Interested in the Loaded plate
    Okidoke, I'll get a couple of pics taken in half hour or so.

the body has been sanded, and the dark veneer also sanded off to reveal this. to be honest it could do with sanding back and refinishing as it's been done with Halfords clear acrylic and it reacted to the rubber guitar stand.
    this was all done years ago.

I forgot just how good these pickups are, I've just plugged it in for the first time in about 6 years and it's got plenty of welly, the bridge bucker is a right dirty bastard!
    I find them either too thin or too shrill
    I assume this is due to the 500k pots on single coils, mine is an SSS
    I think a lot of that is also to do with the steel plate under each single coil.
    Yes, which I wrongly assumed came off so pulled it and the pickup came apart
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    lol, it just glues straight back on.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 363
    edited May 2015
    Are you still breaking your Mustang @Sarge? I've got the gold logo with FMIC version, need to replace the bridge, or at least the saddles, as it came to me with them rusted, seized up and with the signs of having been battered with the wrong sized allen keys! Having trouble getting ones that match the skinny spacing but if yours is available and in decent nick it might be just what I need!
    Potentially, I'm waiting for @Dagga36 as he has 1st dibs, I'll let you know as soon as I get confirmation.
    edited May 2015
    I've given up on the Sunn project for now, so feel free to sell on
    Okidoke, cheers.
    @mike257 it's available!