Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Delay recommendation - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Delay recommendation

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
Right, I need a second delay pedal to go after my Flashback. It doesn't have to do anything special - it only needs up to 500ms delay, no modulation etc. The only stipulations are:

1 - Relatively cheap (up to £50 second hand)
2 - Able to handle line level signal

It seems that Belcat have changed their spec, because my old DLY-503 could do it but the one I just bought distorts like crazy in my Jet City's loop.

Go.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Get a DD3 and be done with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited August 2013
    Get a DD3 and be done with it.
    Can't handle line level input, hence not asking for random delay recommendations ;)
    <space for hire>
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    I've never had a problem with the DD's but thats interesting to know.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

I have both DD-6 and Visual Sound Axle Grease in the loop, on my DSL.

You're more than welcome to try either, or both.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    mike_l said:

I have both DD-6 and Visual Sound Axle Grease in the loop, on my DSL.

You're more than welcome to try either, or both.

I know for a fact that the only Boss delay which doesn't distort in the loop of a JCA50H is the DD-20 (which is waaaay overkill for what I need, and totally out of budget). The Axle Grease sounds interesting, though, and definitely fits the bill in terms of cost; their site doesn't have any useful info on the input signal headroom, though. I'll keep hunting round, but that's on the list - thanks :)
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

I got my Axle Grease for £69 (IIRC) new, so should be well within budget used.

As a delay I think I slightly prefer it to the DD-6. Admittedly not a all-in-one pedal as the boss seems to be, but worth a look.

If not there's a lot of love around for the MXR Carbon Copy, which I havn't tried, so can't comment on.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Keep an eye on this or one similar.

Half rack unit that takes a F/S and does lots of effects reliably and at line level (stereo out if you want)