Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bass cab questions for an Ampeg SVT - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bass cab questions for an Ampeg SVT

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MosfedMosfed Frets: 25
    You know - I have struggled with the BSE-410HLF that I have.  Too boomy and muddy.  I keep turning it up and find that it lacks definition.  I really wish they made the HEs in 4ohms so I could use two when I needed them and 1 when impossible to use two.

I am thinking of looking at other makers like Bergantino, Zilla or Avatar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    This is probably what you should look at, especially given your not having transport…

Check out the "'69er".

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    Re the O.P
    4x10's sound good ...in some ways better than the 8 , i found that the 4X10 were better in rehearsal situations where the room is as you would expect (smaller) but on stage not so good . 
    Its also useful to remember that most 8X10s are easy to move and position even for one person ,they have wheels that contact the ground when you tilt the cab and a kick plate so you can move it around like a sack barrow .
    Now if you want to get that deep husky svt tone I'd say go with the 8X10 and keep on good terms with who ever is available to help you deliver the amp .
    I used the SVT and 8X10 set up for a few years , cant be beat and dont even think about getting a 1X15 + 4X10 set up , I used that setup for a few years prier all the 15" speaker does it rob the head of useful power by creating useless sub lows notes disappear less focused etc .
    Flown the nest .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 363
    ICBM;75277" said:
    This is probably what you should look at, especially given your not having transport…

http://barefacedaudio.com

Check out the "'69er".
    This. Absolutely brilliant stuff and Alex who runs the show is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.
  • MosfedMosfed Frets: 25
    I wish they had a picture of the 69er. I am having trouble picturing it. I will ask Alex to send me one. It is the sound I am going for. 

The other main options I am thinking about are Bergantino, the Ampeg SVT 410HLF, the SWR Goliath 3 in a 4 ohm (my man Chris Wood swears by them and he was killing it with mine on Friday and Sat at Ronnie Scotts).
    mike257 said:
    ICBM;75277" said:

http://barefacedaudio.com

Check out the "'69er".
    This. Absolutely brilliant stuff and Alex who runs the show is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.