Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ooo new pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ooo new pedals

What's Hot
http://www.voxamps.com/uk/pedals/tonegarage/

Apologies if I'm late to the party :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    just saw these a few days ago. the colours make them look like toys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    How exactly does the delay use "discrete circuitry"? :| It says it uses a BBD chip ffs...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Hhmmm, they look like Chinese tat for the price of a US or UK made bit of kit by a "proper" pedal company. But hey, they may well sound great :)
  • So everyone is excited then, yeah? :p

I will want to try the delay and distortion, but the visual sound axle grease I'd already one of the best sounding analogue delays and there are a billion distortion pedals already out there, too.

But they might sound freaking cool.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    Dave_Mc said:
    How exactly does the delay use "discrete circuitry"? :| It says it uses a BBD chip ffs...

Exactly.  The power/ignorance of marketing bullshit.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Dave_Mc said:
    It's a typo. It should read "discreet circuitry". The pedals knew about the mistake, but they didn't let on.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    If you cut through the marketing bullshit, the fact that the valve (not tube Vox!) sees 200V looks interesting.

But yeah, they look like toys and suffer from that harsh upper-mid distortion that Vox have decided is their sound these days.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    edited October 2013
    Dave_Mc said:
    It's a typo. It should read "discreet circuitry". The pedals knew about the mistake, but they didn't let on.
    LOL
    Dave_Mc said:

Exactly.  The power/ignorance of marketing bullshit.
    Yeah. To be fair, the other ones may well use discrete circuitry, but if you're gonna make such a big thing of it and have one pedal that clearly isn't discrete, you should probably clarify what you mean.

Not sure on the looks of the pedals, either. Obviously that doesn't affect how they sound (and for the valve ones, that valve has to go somewhere), but yeah.
  • They're probably demoed through a vox amp, which typically make everything have that upper mid thing going on...

I'd like to see a pgs Andy demo :)
  • They are pretty damn ugly in my opinion.

I don't like 'valves for valves sake' in kit either; their inclusion always seems to be sold as some kind of magic tone mojo enhancer.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Tone garbage more like.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    Tone garbage more like.

They missed a trick with that tag line. :)

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.