Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Well, I guess It's a lot cheaper than a sports car...... - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Well, I guess It's a lot cheaper than a sports car......

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8409

....looking ahead to my pending mid-life crisis, it's the only explaination for looking at this once, twice, thrice and clicking the watch button.

I mainly play bluesy stuff FFS, what the hell would I want with this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Washburn-EC29-Red-Magma-Lava-Crackle-USA-Guitar-with-OHSC-Papers-/281146797769?pt=Guitar&hash=item4175a7aec9

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Watching it is fine.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    That is actually very cool if you like that kind of thing. Very little more definitive of the style/era.

Sorry, that isn't helping I know :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I thought these were basically made of ply?
    I might be misremembering.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    dindude said:

I have no idea. :D
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    octatonic said:
    I thought these were basically made of ply?
    I might be misremembering.
    Only the very bottom-end models. Pretty sure this one will be basswood.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    dindude said

Woke up this morning 
    (de ne ne ne ner)
    My girlfriend had left
    (de ne ne ne ner)
    Woke up this morning
    (crazy two handed tapping riff)
    My dog was dead
    (dive bombed harmonics and some pick scraping)

Could be the start of a whole new genre
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    All of the extended-cutaway Washburns were, to my recollection, made in Washburn's USA custom shop (just like the N4s).
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

That's actually pretty awesomes.

BTW, Sammie, my Charvel was out at the "Blues Jam" last weekend (Ok I was trying-failing but trying-to be Jimi Hendrix), so don't limit what guitar you like, by what you play, and vice versa.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    I love that!   At the time I thought they were silly but my tastes have immatured nicely over the years ;-)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    ICBM said:
    That is actually very cool if you like that kind of thing. Very little more definitive of the style/era.

Sorry, that isn't helping I know :).

D'know what, I think that's it. It's so of its time. I remember seeing them in magazines in the actual (late) 80's and thinking how OTT they were then. I want to pull it out from under the bed in 20 years time and marvel at it.