Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Moog Stompboxes - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Moog Stompboxes

What's Hot
rprrpr Frets: 302
Look quite interesting and sound pretty groovy methinks
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    edited October 2013
    Little boxes of wallet emptying fun

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    They look pretty cool. 
    I can't imagine using the expression stuff outside of the studio though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    They look awesome, shame there's no chorus/phase/flange though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • They look very nice indeed and I'd jump at the chance to try them. Sadly ill probably have to buy one to try it...
  • shobetshobet Frets: 180
    I've got a few of the larger Moogerfoogers and if these small ones are as fun to fuck around with I'll probably end up with some of these as well. 

They're great for making a noise and they never cease to leave me with a smile after I've been twiddling with their knobs... 
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 897
    The drive looks awesome. I think I'll try and get one of those for sure. I'd like the trem, but couldn't really justify that outlay for a pedal with limited use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tbmtbm Frets: 541
    edited October 2013
    Aye, I'm liking the look of the ring modulator. Prices look decent too.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • rprrpr Frets: 302
    edited October 2013
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    Oh dear, my "cutting back on pedals" looks like no closer to reality.
  • JadedJaded Frets: 125
    I guess I'd better get saving for the Drive and Delay, they sound fantastic!
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Wow!

I've always associated Moog with the more "experimental" end of the pedal market - cool noisemakers which are great studio tools but not the sort of thing you'd find on the average gigging pedalboard. Great fun, superb quality, stunning sounds, but, with the exception of the delay not the sort of thing I'd use often enough to come close to justifying the price...

These[1] actually look like well thought out, relatively sensibly priced, mainstream pedals with just enough Moog out-therenessto differentiate them from mainstream stuff  - the expression pedal control looks particularly cool for a start, even on simple stuff like the drive and boost pedal.

Genuinely interested...

[1] With the possible exception of the ring mod - I've always found these a little on the twitchy and temperamental side with usable sounds a hairsbreadth away from cacophony and seemingly not necessarily in the same place two days running...  
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...