Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD Plural - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD Plural

dean2371dean2371 Frets: 138
Thought I'd post three recent new guitar builds, the most recent finished this very day.

First up is an alder bodied Strat with a Brandini neck (bought on Musicradar), Fender Fatcats (likewise) wired with series via a push/push pot, greasebucket tones and 50s wiring.

Next is the one I finished today. It has a Poplar body (thanks JookyChap), a CV Squier Neck (bought on Musicradar), two Bulldog pickups and one from a Simon Neil Squier (all from the forum). Its wired identically to the one above.

Finally here is an early 90s USA made Peavey Predator. I've got 4 of these, brilliant guitars once modded. Everything apart from the body, neck, jack socket and strap buttons has been replaced. This guitar has obviously spent nearly all of its life in a case as its in perfect nick. This is wired for series via the mini toggle, greasebucket tone, 50s wiring. It has a set of Ironstone Hybrid pickups; very cheap but great. I finished this one last week.

Just for a change I'm now building my first Telecaster. The swamp ash body is currently being Tru Oiled, the electrics are wired apart from an Oil City neck pickup which I'm just about to order (it has a Tonerider in the bridge), and the neck is in the post. I'll put up a picture when its finished if it turns out ok.

Simon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments