Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vox Tony Bruno combos - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vox Tony Bruno combos

What's Hot
DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2562
Bit late picking up on this but noticed the Vox Bruno-designed combos - specifically the TB35C1 and TB35C2 - are effectively half-price right now...currently £500 for the TB35C1 at Andertons and elsewhere.  Not a "classic" Vox, by any means, but online demos sound really good to me.

Anyone who's played/owned one got any comments?  I'm in a position where I could shift a few things and snag me one of these, so some first hand opinion would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I had one and returned it (TB35C1), sounded good with a US smooth drive sound but nothing unique my Deluxe Reverb wouldn't already cover in a lighter cabinet too.  Got very hot too (Tolex started lifting when hot) plus poor access to change valves (loads of screws in the back to remove etc) and it's not the UK G12-65 speaker, it's a lower cost MIC version, all these factors made up my mind to return it.  They were reviewed in one of the mags that came to similar conclusions IIRC but if you don't have a Deluxe Reverb type amp it might be worth a look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2562
    I had one and returned it (TB35C1), sounded good with a US smooth drive sound but nothing unique my Deluxe Reverb wouldn't already cover in a lighter cabinet too.  Got very hot too (Tolex started lifting when hot) plus poor access to change valves (loads of screws in the back to remove etc) and it's not the UK G12-65 speaker, it's a lower cost MIC version, all these factors made up my mind to return it.  They were reviewed in one of the mags that came to similar conclusions IIRC but if you don't have a Deluxe Reverb type amp it might be worth a look.
    Thanks.  Sounds like I'd only be getting a little extra on top of what my Ampeg J20 gives me (apart from a few more tone shaping options and reverb)...plus the overheating issue doesn't sound good.  Probably pass on this one.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    It was Guitarist that came up with the similar conclusion - http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/vox-tb35c1-combo-487492