Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How do I get my guitar to sound like the - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How do I get my guitar to sound like the

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10211
Beatles?
Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Their guitar tone or their vocals?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Sell it, and buy a Gretsch ;)

M
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Buy a Rickenbacker.....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited January 2015
    Thanks chaps! - but what can I do to get a speed shred machine to do it?
  • The Beatles playing speed shred?
  • viz said:
    Less dive bombs?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Compressor ( based on the responses to my slightly similar Discussion), Vox AC30, Vox voiced pedal.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Which song are you thinking of? Ticket to Ride or Daytripper are very different to say Revolution, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, or my favourite, Yer Blues.
    But yes something Vox voiced would generally be the starting point i would think, even if you run it clean
  • Technique wise id say pretty precise playing, plucking rather than bashing as well
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    @thecolourbox you're not not wrong mate, you're not wrong

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    Thanks chaps!

viz said:
    Less dive bombs?

no chance.
  • Ive just had Yer Blues pop up on my ipod on shuffle, reminded me of another trick ive used to get a layer crunchy Beatles type groove to the sound. That being a very short slap back delay with not much feedback, kind of gives a bit of a double tracked feel to the shorter notes and chords. Oh and i think that sort of swirly sound they have on some of the solos, i approximated with a but of Leslie type effect before the gain