Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Blackstar LT pedals demo - Sound pretty sweet! - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Blackstar LT pedals demo - Sound pretty sweet!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    That's why I don't get on with heavily compressed dirt boxes. 

You switch to a guitar with hot pickups and all of a sudden your drive sound is really quiet. Had the that problem with the You Dirty RAT which was otherwise ace. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    edited October 2013
    ICBM said:
    I usually find a unity setting of about 10 o'clock is the most useful - it's far enough up that the pot isn't overly touchy if you are trying to zero in on an exact balance with the clean sound, but still leaves a lot of range for pushing the amp harder if you want to.
    Also agreed.

The Joyo Crunchbox clone I have has unity around 9 o'clock IIRC (EDIT: just had a look at my pedalboard and it looks more like 8 o'clock... and that's probably a little bit above unity :)) ) and it's a bit touchy. But I also have other pedals where I wish there were more scope for boosting.

Ironically an awful lot of the time (not always) the pedals which actually do have tons of level boost available are the ones which you wouldn't really use as a boost (e.g. the crunchbox), while very obviously boost-style pedals don't always have that much (tubescreamers, bluesbreakers and the like).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    I think the guys in the video are quite funny. Not tried the pedals