Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). anyone want to have a go ? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

anyone want to have a go ?

What's Hot
at making this ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'll have a go at anyone making it... I am amazed it hasn't torn itself apart.

that said I like both instruminks.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    I'm not a fan of the large s/plate on the SG, but other than that I don't disapprove.

I wouldn't want one though ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I like that the Tele bit is ash whereas the SG bit is mahogany.

But I don't enormously see the point.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Body depths/heel depths not make that a bit impractical?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2273
    tFB Trader
    I can make that no problem a part form finding a case to fit it, cost might bit high though. Don't see the point of it I must say but I've been ask to make guitars much odder then that one.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• I reckon the neck angle on the SG bit would mean that neck got in the way of the Tele neck, but other than that I see no issues :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    For access the Tele neck should be on top ... but I'd have one ... I get fed up with retuning for slide numbers.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    For access the Tele neck should be on top ... but I'd have one ... I get fed up with retuning for slide numbers.

I also thought the Tele should be on top, as that also would emphasize the different cutaways. And make the tuning pegs more accessible.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    jd0272 said:
    Body depths/heel depths not make that a bit impractical?
    not really, there is no reason a tele can't be 1 1/2" thick - a few of the other fender designs use this thickness without issue and you can go thinner than that and still have a stable bolt-on neck

you could also make the SG thicker but it makes more sense to make the tele thinner for weight reasons

also.  its a double neck. practicality is not the main reason for building one.  the best you can hope for is "not as impractical as some other doublenecks"
    I reckon the neck angle on the SG bit would mean that neck got in the way of the Tele neck, but other than that I see no issues :D
     less neck angle on the SG with the whole fretboard raised a bit more will solve that.  Gibson actually did make them this way for a while in the norlin era

norlin SG with no neck angle:

normal SG neck angle:

Its just a case of finding the right balance between neck angle, fretboard height and bridge height... but with 3 variables to play with on both necks you can easily get to the point they are both angled the same

obviously this assumes building from scratch rather than doing a chop shop
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    That's my quiet'd then ;) I have no practical use for gitfiddles if that ilk tho I have to say.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    A Gibder Fenson. I like it not.