Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Suggest a melodc chord based song? - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Suggest a melodc chord based song?

I have a hankering to play something acoustic, not fingerpicked, but chord based where the chords follow the melody....a colleague years ago played something to me that was all chords, sometimes four to the bar, which sounded fantastic........any suggestions, pref with tuition on the tube?

Cheers

Paul
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited December 2014
    Hmm i think I follow you, jazz does that a lot but I'm not sure that's what you're after

A few I can think of:

Catch the Sun, Doves or Jamie Cullumo
    Overs, Simon and Garfunkel
    Sunny Afternoon, Kinks
    Wonder, Emeli Sande
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Reasonably straightforward Jazz would do.....thanks for the suggestions, Im off for a listen and look.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Twelfth of Never i think fits it as well, the version I'm thinking of is Jeff Buckley but there are I assume countless other versions