Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Kids play TOOL - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Kids play TOOL

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RichRich Frets: 18
    That's awesome, apart from the vocals. Kids can't do a Maynard, clearly!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Rich said:
    That's awesome, apart from the vocals. Kids can't do a Maynard, clearly!
    Still a pretty good voice. The drummer is the star of the show though, he's excellent!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Meanwhile in North Korea. :-/

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    That wee drummer is fantastic!
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    edited September 2013
    That is ace!
    Most enthusiastic wood block player ever!

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    They fucked up the poly-rhythm in the middle though. Still really good!
  • Its great when kids make music and its not just the usual stuff. Good on them!
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• Wow, have you watched some of the other videos from this Aaron O Keefe guy? They are awesome, wish I could find a music teacher of that calibre round my way.....

None of the songs are perfect and keys/speeds have been changed but bearing in mind these are kids they are great. 

Check this one out.
  • Drew_fx said:
    Which bit do you mean? The run up to the drum solo? Cos I didnt think that was a polyrhythm, when I played that with an old band we reckoned it was the bass and guitar alternately adding and subtracting 16ths so the bass and guitar go in and out of time.

If you look at live vids though tool don't seem to do that live either but I swear that's what's going on on the record.
    Drew_fx said:
    Which bit do you mean? The run up to the drum solo? Cos I didnt think that was a polyrhythm, when I played that with an old band we reckoned it was the bass and guitar alternately adding and subtracting 16ths so the bass and guitar go in and out of time.

If you look at live vids though tool don't seem to do that live either but I swear that's what's going on on the record.
    Yes, it's a polyrhythm across the two stringed instruments, and they have played it live:

Here too:

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    That Tool cover is amazing. Incredible work for young 'uns!
    Properly properly impressed.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    Really impressed & that studio looks amazing.
  • Awesomez!