Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cornell Plexi 7 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Cornell Plexi 7

What's Hot
The best amp I ever owned & was foolish to let it go... Reluctant to chuck £750 at a new head version so are there any alternatives; is 7 "loud" watts enough for small gigs..?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited September 2013
    Depends who you're playing with, and where. But yes, essentially it is - if you're happy to mic it up, and/or have no clean headroom.

I completely agree though - they sound ridiculously good. B-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    Seen,but never heard one,what do they sound like ?
    Can`t see how they`ll sound like a `plexi` given the small box & speaker.
  • matone;42210" said:
    Seen,but never heard one,what do they sound like ?

Can`t see how they`ll sound like a `plexi` given the small box & speaker.
    It just captures the essence of the plexi sound. Let's face it, there is so much hype around that sound that people will insist only the originals sound "correct".

7 watts is loud enough, for all dirty stuff in a pub. It'll keep up with a lighter drummer, and micd it'll do anything. To be honest, though, there are louder amps that can approximate a plexi ish tone that will also give you some clean headroom.
  • Just use it with a larger speaker and it'll handle pub gigs.

Pretty sure I had the one mentioned in the first post and it sounded great, just a little two 'boxy' in the small cab.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• stonevibe;42550" said:
    Just use it with a larger speaker and it'll handle pub gigs.

Pretty sure I had the one mentioned in the first post and it sounded great, just a little two 'boxy' in the small cab.
    You did indeed. I'd get the head instead of the combo next time & pair it with my zilla cab.

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1194
    edited September 2013
    Plexi 7 owner here. Great amps. I quite like the combo for what i play, but i also have a Cornell Plexi 1x12 cab if i want it to sound bigger. Here's my Purple Plexi.

imageimage