Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who actually ever bought a Krank? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who actually ever bought a Krank?

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
edited September 2013 in Amps

were they any good? Always seemed very gimmicky.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Shame, but not surprising.  They needed the 'dime' thing way too much to be healthy...

Stiff amps exists now, though, and they also do interesting looking delay pedals.  Look like Krank amps, but smaller and cheaper.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Okay, when I commented, it was relevant to thread title!

They sounded good, had a very clean channel and some massive sounding gain.  But like I said, they relied on the 'Dime' thing (like Dean).  

I nearly took one in a trade a couple of years back, but it was too sludgy and doomy.  I prefer the tighter sounding gain that comes from a rockerverb (seriously, it can do tight), 6505, or most solid state amps.  
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    Ha ha, yeah I changed it when I realised I was miles out of date. 

I thought it was news. 

Never tried one but I hated their marketing, was just curious really.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3773
    edited September 2013
    Used to have a krank rev junior. Not a bad amp at all, loads of gain but with it dialed back was very marshally
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 590

First time I ever heard of one...

Will have to google...

Cheers

Baz