Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). JVM Mods - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

JVM Mods

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
Anyone modded their JVM's? I find the Channel 2 totally pointless so I wondered if anyone had modded theirs?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I contemplated doing mine - plexi mod / choke etc - but eventually sold it on before i got round to doing them  and bought an Axe FX2 instead ...

But theres loads of forums - this is one of many - http://jvmforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6863

some of the guys here had some strong opinions on the old MR forum - when i posted the same question .. so be prepared .. :-)

I have however  modded other more classic marshalls all with good taste btw - no extra gain stages - just simple but very effective component value changes ... good luck ..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Dan Gower is now doing JVM mods...
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583

.. who is Dan Gower?

Its not gain I need, its better EQ on Channel 2!

• DarrenDarren Frets: 159
    I had a JVM205 that Dan Gower did a little re-work on it for me and it completely transformed it..I know a 4.5H choke was added plus other little tweaks he did..
    Dan is a great guy & a good friend.. Your JVM would definitely be in safe hands with him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 731
    edited September 2013
    I modded a JVM 410 head a while back. Put in a choke, negative feedback mod and plexi cap mod. Sold it coz of the shit loop and foot pedal delay. Was going to do some more mods but never got round to them. I still fancy a satch 410 though and on this they sorted what I would consider the standard 410's two shortfalls. Kept my EVH 100 coz it blows the 410 into the weeds!
  • Jetfire said:
    Anyone modded their JVM's? I find the Channel 2 totally pointless so I wondered if anyone had modded theirs?
    Wow channel 2 is my main channel, I barely touch 3 and 4 due to the noise issues.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Sell it. Get a Satriani JVM. All the common mods have already been done to it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Drew_fx said:
    Sell it. Get a Satriani JVM. All the common mods have already been done to it!
    agreed. If you want a Marshall that is versatile go for the satch far better than the standard 410 IMHO