Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oil City Christmas/New Year offer - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oil City Christmas/New Year offer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    Hey ash, I've sent you a request. Hope you're not too bogged down by the amount of work you have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    This turned up on Saturday
    And got fitted at the weekend. Now, it's replacing the super cheap bridge pickup from my 2014 kit build, which was a 16k humbucker (wound very hot or wound with the thinnest wire known to man? bit of both?). So there's a low bar to clear, and it's cleared it by miles. At full volume it gets aggressive but doesn't loose top end (contrast the old humbucker which just got indistinct and growly). I can actually use the tone control. Dial it back and I can get the bell sound from harmonics that I'd begun to think I couldn't get from this guitar. I had been fretting (ha ha!) that I should maybe have gone for a topless P90 design and a covered one might still be a bit woolly, but this has turned out nicely, thanks!
    Haven't used a real P90 to be able to say whether or not this h/b sized one sounds like the real thing, but it's nice and definitely somewhere between single coil and h/b. Have to find some way to get this into the same room as my tele...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter