Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). AC15TBX foot switch issue - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

AC15TBX foot switch issue

I have a 90s TBX, that didnt come with a footswitch, but my Laney FS worked fine on both reverb and trem. However, Ive sold my Laney and ordered a Vox VS002 and a stereo cable, but it doesnt seem to switch the trem off, completely, which is odd. It just turns the level of Trem down? Reverb switches on and off ok.

Any Idea what could be wrong?

Also, the LED flashes when trem is 'off' (at its lower level), and reverb light doesnt switch on or off with operation. Im using a stereo cable. Is this the correct one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    You can't use a footswitch with amp-powered LEDs with that amp.

You could fix it by bypassing the LEDs if you don't want to buy another footswitch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • skayskay Frets: 383
    Hi @lustycourtier ;

Do you mean you've bought the VF002 foot switch? If so I recall this query being raised before and disconnecting the LEDs could solve the issues you're having. 

The original foot switch that came with this amp does not have the LEDs, as I have one of these amps as well that I bought new, so maybe this newer type is simply not compatible.

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

Damn @ICBM, beat me to it, you're quick!!! :-)

• Brilliant! Cheers. I have zero problems disconnecting the LEDS.
  • do I bypass them, or just clip one leg?
    Are the LEDs on a plastic clip? If so, can you just unplug them from the board?

If not, maybe removing the whole circuit board would be the way to go. 

Before you do that though, maybe try 'lifting a leg' of the LED first, that way you won't ruin a pedal that could be useful for other amps further down the road...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited September 2013
    How are they wired? If they're in parallel with the switch, disconnect. If they're in series, bypass.

Both schemes are used in amps so it's hard to say which they'll be - although if the reverb switch works that sounds like parallel, and if the tremolo one makes the LED flash when off that sounds like series! It's not impossible it could be different for each switch if it's a dedicated one for a particular amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Ive have a play later
  • Sorted! Ta!