Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). first chord you play when you pick up the guitar? - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

first chord you play when you pick up the guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    edited August 2013
    I start with an E , to see if the guitar is in tune.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I don't generally use a plectrum, and I do this fingerstyle noodle that I like which is based around a simple D chord.

This thread needs soundclips!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    It used to be Am7 at the fifth fret to check the tuning, but recently D at the nut end.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I go right into an open Am, been doing it all my life.  I suspect it's from learning so many acoustic based Zeppelin songs back in the day.(Tangerine and Hangman come to mind).

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Open Em mostly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Cmaj7 usually x32000