Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Crybaby fault help - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Crybaby fault help

I offered to help a friend by looking at his crybaby, I modded one once so I think I'm a pro now. It's intermittent, when switched on sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, when its playing up you can just about make out the guitar like the volume is right down. It's not the battery or cables, all looks solid no loose components when tapped gently, I cleaned the inputs with switch cleaner also. Can a foot switch just work intermittently like this? Or is there another likely culprit?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ftumch said:
    I modded one once so I think I'm a pro now. 
    ^ LOL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Zodiac51 said:
    ftumch said:
    I modded one once so I think I'm a pro now. 
    ^ LOL

You should have seen the state if the soldering, Rofl'ing then :)
  • ftumch;2689" said:

Can a foot switch just work intermittently like this? Or is there another likely culprit?
    In a word yes. A cheap test would be to desolder the connections to the switch, and directly connect the input to the effect switch. Once you've labelled them and removed the battery obviously.

If the problem goes away, it's the switch. Buy another and job done. Otherwise the problem must lie elsewhere.
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Thanks John.