Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). JTM50 rig - ALL SOLD - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

JTM50 rig - ALL SOLD

What's Hot
jesonejesone Frets: 56
edited August 2015 in Amps £
Any interest in a JTM 50 rig? £750 all in no trades please. 
Head now SOLD.
Alex now SOLD.
£150 for the cab - now SOLD
The cab is unloaded but I have a Scumback and a Celestion Greenback available for a further £100 - NOW SOLD

This is a self built clone JTM 50 assembled using the best parts available. 
It features Brian Wallaces' Marstran transformers, carbon comps where important, Erie, Mustard & Lemco caps, vintage Sylvania & Mullard tubes (inc rectifier), and a metro amps transparent fx loop. 

The Alex Attenuator is the 100 watt model.

I had hoped never to have to sell this amp but I do need to raise money for a wedding so will be selling off more stuff.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    Get a cheaper wedding!. Thats far too nice to sell.

The more you spend on the wedding the shorter time it will last, according to the Sunday Times a couple of weeks back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm 34 and was on my second wife at 31. Keep your gear mate.

Congrats by the way ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'd love to buy the cab but you're a bit far from me... pass by Berkshire at all?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jesonejesone Frets: 56
    I'd love to buy the cab but you're a bit far from me... pass by Berkshire at all?
    Not really, do you pass by Leicester much?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi , i PM you about the ALEX attenuator! 

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3773
    What's the circuit ? A quick look at the board it looks like a JTM45
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    I help to run a VERY successful groomswear hire company mate. Take it from me.... spend less money! No offence but a wedding is gone in a day, people put far too much money into them. Chair covers, fancy cars, overpriced food, flowers, clothes, hotel etc etc....

That is a cracking amp, you can keep it forever. Everything for your wedding is for ONE day apart from the official part. Dont do anything to drastic, not being cheeky but I see people doing this stuff all the time to afford things for a wedding and I really feel for them. Good luck with whatever happens mate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My brother in law spent £30,000 on his wedding and was divorced in 6 years. Don't sell kit that good to fund it. You'll never replace it s easy as a new wife ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 363
    Hi, I sent you a PM earlier - I'll buy the attenuator, if you've still got it.

Price reduced
    Cab is available for £125 collected.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 339
    Sent you pm re cab

• Aargh, cant believe Ive missed this. I would have taken the whole rig.

Is that the 4x12 I used to own with 'RAY' stencilled on the back? Would be nice to buy it back if still available. Ive got a set of T1511's that would be perfect for it.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 414
    How old is cab and how much fully loaded?
  • JMP220478 said:
    How old is cab and how much fully loaded?
    Judging by the internals I'd say anywhere between 1972/76.
    That's a great price for an empty classic marshall cab.
    To all those who said I would regret selling this - YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    Are you getting divorced?
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1583
    jesone;988897" said:
    To all those who said I would regret selling this - YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!
    Not already??!
    No divorce or anything like that! Just really missing that amp :)

Long shot I know, but I wonder whether my old JTM 50 build is still out there? Might be interested in buying it back if so.
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    Back from the dead.  :o
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    Not that I want to compare but I once sold a putter (yes I play golf) that I immediately regretted. I scour eBay every night and even got in touch with eBay to try and pass a message on to the seller but to no avail. It’s never turned up yet, I do fancy your chances more than mine however. Seems a small world this place. 
    Outside chance at best, but I thought I'd try.