Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Worst TV shows you've seen? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Worst TV shows you've seen?

What's Hot
What are the worst TV shows that you have had the misfortune of wasting your life watching?  Thankfully at the Grogg household, we don't really watch TV, it's used more for background noise than anything else, so we haven't wasted too much of our lives watching punishingly crap telly.

A few from my list that stand out:

Fire Fly.  There I've said it, what absolute tripe, they have the technology and know how to travel between planets in space ships, maintain these space ships, terraform planets, even build new ones and preform incredibly advanced scientific research and experiments, yet their weaponry is straight out of the American civil war, Colt Peacemakers being the most sought after firearm over 200 years into the future?

Person Of Interest. Seriously absolute tripe, the only redeeming feature is the use of an arrangement of the same tune that Vikings uses as the intro in an episode.

Numbers.  So shit I honestly have no idea where to begin with this one.

Scorpion.  Again so shit I have no idea where to begin with it, based on real life events my arse

Babylon 5.  This one is most likely down to me, I actually studied it at uni - how it was made and the logistics and planning behind it, though never actually watched a single episode of it until recently, so my expectations where probably far far too high to begin with before watching it.

The Dark Crystal.  Absolute shite, so bad it almost ruins the amazing original movie.

Shooter.  Seriously how the hell did they get the green light to make a TV series based off of a shit movie, did people honestly think a shit story story line and characters could be improved by dragging the punishment out for longer.

Threadstone.  Again did people honestly think a shit story story line and characters could be improved by dragging the punishment out for longer.

Cobra Kai.  I thought the original movie was the worst thing to ever grace a TV screen, little did I know that the new TV series would prove to be a thousand times worse and more painful.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Only one of those I've heard of is Babylon 5.
    I liked Claudia Christian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Mrs. Brown's Boys.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStu said:
    Mrs. Brown's Boys.

I thought and hoped that I had managed to block all the traumatic memories of that punishment
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Firefly??????? Karate Kid?????? 

You've said some mad stuff in your short time here but this, this is just mental. 
  • DiscoStu said:
    Mrs. Brown's Boys.
    Is the right answer 
  • DiscoStu said:
    Mrs. Brown's Boys.
    Is the right answer 
    Yep.
  • I love person of interest & numbers  best tele ever made 

Tell you what was absolutely awful  the series of the film “ The Transporter “
      It had  the fighting  , fast car chases , pretty girl  but it just seemed crap you couldn’t get invested in the characters for some reason . I gave it a try again quite a few years after the first time but same result . I enjoyed the films though 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    For many years my mother and father in law and then just my mother-in-law would visit us on Christmas Day. Everything we were doing had to go to silence to enable my mother-in-law to watch the Christmas Day edition of Eastenders. 
    I generally got on well with my mother-in-law but subjecting us to an hour of badly acted misery on Christmas Day was not an endearing feature. Those shows were just awful, they had no redeeming features and I was (through my own politeness and the hard stare of MrsTheWeary) forced to watch the bloody things. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited October 2023
    Time team 
      a Question of sport 
      World of Sport
      Grandstand 
      Match of the day 
      The Galloping Gourmet 
      Dancing on Ice
       Strictly Come Dancing 
       I’m a celebrity get me outta here
      Inspector morse
      big brother   
    Great British bake off
      all cooking programs 
     That Jools Holland music program & the new year one 
     That new years show with Andy Stewart 
      Weekend world  apart from the music which was ace  famous prog ? Can’t remember name 
      Prisoner cell block H 
      Sons & Daughters

• Happy Valley
    And anything with Orange Gemma from TOWIE. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    The Office. I didn’t watch much more than about ten minutes of it, but I have no idea why it’s so rated… absolutely shit.

Alan Partridge - ditto.

I also found The Thick Of It totally unwatchable due to the literally nauseating camera movement, which was a shame as the rest of it seemed good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Time team 
      a Question of sport 
      World of Sport
      Grandstand 
      Match of the day 
      The Galloping Gourmet 
      Dancing on Ice
       Strictly Come Dancing 
       I’m a celebrity get me outta here
      Inspector morse
      big brother   
    Great British bake off
      all cooking programs 
     That Jools Holland music program & the new year one 
     That new years show with Andy Stewart 
      Weekend world  apart from the music which was ace  famous prog ? Can’t remember name 
      Prisoner cell block H 
      Sons & Daughters

Time Team has been a favourite family staple at Grogg's for decades, so much so that a number of members of my family have actually tried to get them in to dig up their gardens and land, back when they where still making new episodes, an uncle even got really close to having an episode filmed on his land, though had a falling out with them, as he wanted them to leave what they dig up open to be viewed and studied as apposed to covering whatever they uncover back up again - he's found a number of Roman coins and other artifacts on his land.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    The news