Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bernie Eccleston and a small tax bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bernie Eccleston and a small tax bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Nice of Bernie to pay his tax bill - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67088503
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Wait till HMRC stings you for the undeclared exclamation points. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Could leave him a bit short…

(gets coat)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Boo hoo, even that amount won't hurt the money grabbing little twat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Should have had a jail sentence- that’s a huge tax fraud
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Why the fuck does someone that rich seek to evade tax?  I guess that's a rhetorical question, because people of his ilk can never have too much money...
    mrkb said:
    I'd normally agree, but he's so fucking old.  He'd be certain to die in prison which, even for a dishonest shitbag like him, doesn't seem right somehow.  And he's really going to hate paying that £653m to HMRC. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    If he was in prison he might find it harder to defraud the country. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    mrkb said:
    Given that I read today judges are being instructed to not give rapists jail sentences due to overcrowding I know who I’d rather see behind bars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    One rule for some...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    drofluf said:
    mrkb said:
    Given that I read today judges are being instructed to not give rapists jail sentences due to overcrowding I know who I’d rather see behind bars. 
    Maybe we should stop putting people in prison for not paying TV licence fines before we start choosing between billionaire fraudsters and rapists. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Not dissimilar to this wbanker  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67087758
    Fined £1.8 million for essentially being caught out telling porky pies.  Additionally Barclays said on Thursday that Mr Staley should forego bonuses and long-term share incentives totalling £17.8m following the FCA's findings.
    The fucker was in the job for just 6 years...
    How the other half live indeed  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2023
    As they keep saying in relation to MPs' pay, if you don't pay enough, you don't get the right quality of person.

Thus we now know that MPs need to be paid over £20M a year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    edited October 2023

The law locks up the man or woman
    Who steals the goose off the common
    But leaves the greater villain loose
    Who steals the common from the goose.

The law demands that we atone
    When we take things we do not own
    But leaves the lords and ladies fine
    Who takes things that are yours and mine.

The poor and wretched don’t escape
    If they conspire the law to break;
    This must be so but they endure
    Those who conspire to make the law.

The law locks up the man or woman
    Who steals the goose from off the common
    And geese will still a common lack
    Till they go and steal it back.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    The fine will obviously pee them off but in many ways they have not suffered at all for their crimes 

Maybe with a shortage of prison space then time might not be the answer- Although I still think it is - But why not make them do some form of community service for say 3 years - Every Sat night from say 5 -10, so it becomes an embarrassment and inconvenience to them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    All that money. 

But that Barnet. 

You can’t buy taste. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited October 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Why the fuck does someone that rich seek to evade tax?  I guess that's a rhetorical question, because people of his ilk can never have too much money...
    mrkb said:
    I'd normally agree, but he's so fucking old.  He'd be certain to die in prison which, even for a dishonest shitbag like him, doesn't seem right somehow.  And he's really going to hate paying that £653m to HMRC. 

Very very unlikely, this is what is known as ''white collar crime'', the people found guilty of  these crimes serve their time at minimal security prisons, as in they're basically allowed to freely roam around and interact with the public, even hold down full time jobs, though have to report back to their prison at night.  It's very very similar to what happens to boarding school students, who's parents spend a rather large fortune for the same privileges for their children.  I personally think it's shocking and disgusting that the short arse sniffer hasn't been sentenced to any time behind extremely cushy bars.

And for those wondering why I'm calling him an ''arse sniffer'', the guy is about 14'' to short to be called a midget, as far as he's concerned, the entire world smells of arses and farts, his head is after all is at arse height on a normal person.
  • With that £653m going to HMRC I wanna see an improved NHS service, more police on the streets and that pothole on my road fixed nice and proper. 
    And for those wondering why I'm calling him an ''arse sniffer'', the guy is about 14'' to short to be called a midget, as far as he's concerned, the entire world smells of arses and farts, his head is after all is at arse height on a normal person.
    I'm not defending Bernie Ecclestone, but is that necessary?  It's not "abnormal" to be short.  But hey, maybe I'm suffering from "short man syndrome" and I should shut the fuck up, eh?
    edited October 2023
    With that £653m going to HMRC I wanna see an improved NHS service, more police on the streets and that pothole on my road fixed nice and proper. 
    Sadly, even by that lying cunt Boris Johnson's bus lies, the £653m would only be enough to the NHS for less than a fortnight.
    With that £653m going to HMRC I wanna see an improved NHS service, more police on the streets and that pothole on my road fixed nice and proper. 
    Sadly, even by that lying cunt Boris Johnson's bus lies, the £653m would only be enough to the NHS for less than a fortnight.
    And anyway, it would all end up in contracts awarded to some dodgy company owned by a Tory donor.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I'm not defending Bernie Ecclestone, but is that necessary?  It's not "abnormal" to be short.  But hey, maybe I'm suffering from "short man syndrome" and I should shut the fuck up, eh?

And £635 million, is more than enough money to build a school, hospital, police station, library, youth center.... and still have money left over, possibly enough to equip these buildings - though not staff them though maybe cover staffing salaries for a few years.  So on the balance, I think I'm being extremely polite calling the little man an arse sniffer, he's just like his former son in law if not worse, at least James Stunt didn't try and pretend that he is an upstanding citizen and business man, something the Hitler worshiping racist arse sniffer has gone to great lengths to establish and maintain.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    653m . Double it. Teach him a lesson. 
  • JAYJO said:
    653m . Double it. Teach him a lesson. 

Triple it more likely - he got to keep three quarters of his wealth, the company I used to work for, had to close up shop because our accountant thought the taxes due each year looked better in their bank account than in HRMCs, funnily enough, they weren't jailed for it either, and the company that used to employ them full time wasn't the only company that was forced to close because of the actions of a rogue accountant, all the companies that this accounted moonlighted as an accountant for in their spare time where forced to close too - close to 2 dozen companies in total one of which employed over 10,000 people, because they could not afford to pay not only a decade worth of back taxes in one go, but also the fines for being late as well.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Let's hope this indicates a renewed appetite from HMRC to go after big fish. And that Labour prove true to their word and go after COVID fraud also. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/11/labour-billions-covid-fraud-pandemic
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    CHRISB50 said:
    All that money. 

But that Barnet. 

You can’t buy taste. 
    Or youth.