Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD Squier Paranormal Toronado - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD Squier Paranormal Toronado

The paranormal series had always interested me. This certainly wasn´t the one I was most interested in. But, it was really priced to sell so I had a go at it.

I must say Squiers, apart from the cheap searies, have become really good guitars. This is a fine example of a "damn, I wish there had been guitars like this for the money back then" guitar.

The neck is great in a "well playable but not exaggerated in any direction" way. Tonewise there´s not much to complain about. Decent pick ups that do the job. You can´t say they´re too powerful or too brittle or too bassy, well balanced.

I´d have chosen a different pickguard but at 150 Euros I ain´t complaining. The only thing I´ll change are the knobs, they just look too massive, I´ll get something a bit smaller.

Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2359
    edited October 2023
    Nice! I've been a Toronado owner for a good few years. I think they're underrated. Enjoy.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 698
    I recently got one of these in mystic seafoam. The Chinese Squiers in this paranormal range are known for being decent quality. 

I won't be changing anything on mine, it's all good stock.