Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I've found my favorite chorus so far ... it's a BF2 - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I've found my favorite chorus so far ... it's a BF2

sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
The good news is I'm not looking at CE2w anymore... the bad news is the camoflange GAS is building. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• How have you set the knobs on your BF-2?

I can get tantalisingly close to a good chorus but never quite.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    ah the secret is, it doesn't sounds perfectly like a chorus, but is closer in nature. 

Manual - at zero or just above
    Depth - around 9'oclock 
    rate - around 2-3 oclock 
    res -  at zero or just above

although looking now. all pedals have every knob on full. A sure fire indication that there has been a toddler loose in the office. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I agree with your choice. I saw a YouTube video once by this guy who demonstrated how versatile the BF2 is. Nearly bought one myself but I have too many pedals already. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I had one for a while as a teenager. Ran some backing vocals through it, it worked really well!
  • Yup, the TC Thunderstorm Flanger is a BF2 clone and I used to run mine with pretty much the same settings, before I sold it last week
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    I've still got my BF-2 that I bought new back in the early-mid 80s.

It was my first pedal and, as such, I had to learn how to use it to get as many different noises (that I liked) out of the thing.
    At the time I remember thinking I was just getting an OK-ish chorus-ish sound but over the years I must have come to love that sound as when I finally got a dedicated Boss CE-3 Chorus I thought it sounded terrible and quickly went back to my trusty flanger.

Not very interested in the "wobbly" effects these days but, while it'll never be the hipster's choice of vintage flangebox, I still have a soft spot for the thing. Oh, and it's a great colour too.