Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Authenticate Gibson - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Authenticate Gibson

What's Hot
Anybody on the forum any good with this, spotted a guitar, it all looks good to me, but i could do with a 2nd opinion.

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Is there meant to be a pic?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • i would rather do it through message to be honest. i don't want to upset the seller. i am not sure if they are on this forum.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Ah, got it. Feel free to send - I'm usually pretty good 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 1979
    I'd say I've got a fairly good eye for this too, and I enjoy trawling through old Gibson websites with the Wayback Machine to narrow things down, so feel free to ping it my way, too.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    Detachable headstock usually indicates genuine Gibbo
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If it's something old I can try and help. Feel free to send me a message
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Likewise. I’m not the greatest expert, but I’ve got over thirty years experience working on guitars, I’ve seen probably hundreds of Gibsons and I should be able to spot anything wrong… unless it’s money-no-object ‘59 Standard fakery - some of the best fakes are probably near enough undetectable. If it’s anything in a normal price range, it’s too expensive to really do right.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson