Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Room for pedals in a 2u rack case? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Room for pedals in a 2u rack case?

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 875
I’m thinking about mounting the brain of my G System in a shallow 19” 2U rack case…would that leave room in the case for a couple of pedals? Or would I need a bigger case? The unit is a shallow 1U. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• A 1u pull out rack shelf with pedals needs 2u (1u above for pedal clearance) in my experience. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    agree, 2U is needed for pedals. 
  • Cheers. I was more thinking of just Velcro-ing a couple of pedals to the bottom of the case under the g-system 1U unit. Would there be enough space? I have a Blackstar dept 10 dual drive which is quite tall - 75mm ish. 
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    edited October 2023
    A 1U rack space is 1.75 inches or about 44.5 mm

So 2U is 3.5 inches or about 88mm

So no, there won't be room for both the Blackstar and the 1U g system thingy. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    I hate to be *that* person - but it really depends on pedal size.

Old EHX, CE1, Cornish grey, not a chance.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Yeah, think I'd have to go 3U. Can't decide whether to go that route or just get a bigger pedalboard and have everything at my feet.

Yeah, think I'd have to go 3U. Can't decide whether to go that route or just get a bigger pedalboard and have everything at my feet.

Go 4U and use a Furman with 9v outs.

Or get an skb PB100.