Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Withdrawn - Weinbrock ME3 £450 handwired UK tweed goodness - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Withdrawn - Weinbrock ME3 £450 handwired UK tweed goodness

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
edited October 2023 in Amps £
Lovely tweed amp that I bought from @musicman100 about 6 weeks ago.

I’ve been offered a rather nice guitar meaning I need to sell a few bits to pay for it -  it’s been a tough choice between this and my only other amp (Carr Mercury) but here we are …..

The thickest sounding tweed deluxe I’ve ever heard with a modern setting that cuts those mids back a bit meaning it works well with humbuckers and various dirt pedals especially with the ability to combine the bright and normal channels with the twin volumes.

One I’ll regret selling but I’ll regret missing out on this guitar even more !

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    As a previous owner, I can attest to the lovely range of sounds that this amp produces.
    suits humbuckers well but the dynamics with single coils is just divine 
    Not overly heavy either to transport to gigs and side handles are really quite helpful.
    Also a diamond of a seller to deal with too
    I can imagine it being a very difficult decision to choose between this and the mercury, which to me verifies just how much good value this hand wired beauty is
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gracias @Sevenof9 , I forgot it came originally from your good self . If this doesn’t go I’ll sell the Mercury - they are both so good but very different (one thick / tweedy almost syrupy and the other crispy , detailed and somewhat plexi like)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Maaaaaaaaan, the temptation on this one is still strong. 
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    Loved mine, brilliant amps, built well
  • @DrCornelius is a top bloke to deal with, 

it’s a very nice amp I only sold it as I bought another master built Gretsch and needed to be sensible. Lol
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited October 2023
    Thanks Dave , and you mate .

Amp still available due to buyers sale of something else to pay for this falling through !

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited October 2023
    Withdrawn - no real interest so will look at selling the Mercury instead