Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). AC/DC are back, and things have changed... - Music Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

AC/DC are back, and things have changed...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I missed two opportunities to see them live back when they were at their best (opinions on "at their best" era will vary), and I really regret it now, because some bands are never really the same as they get older and some members are no longer there.  I love Angus's guitar sound.  Some of his most memorable solos are the ones that aren't hugely technical and complicated, but it's like he's squeezing every ounce of tone from the guitar.  Brian's vocals are either love it or hate it, and much parodied, but they fit the music and he's a fantastic front man.

I've only ever been to one large "stadium" concert and one "festival".  The others have been fair sized auditorium / concert hall "arena" concerts that were hard enough to get out and back into the floor crowd to get to and from the bog.  I often wonder what people in the standing area do at venues like the massive River Plate stadium.  Do you just piss on the ground and hope nobody around you complains, or catheterise yourself before going in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    BillDL said:
    I often wonder what people in the standing area do at venues like the massive River Plate stadium.  Do you just piss on the ground and hope nobody around you complains, or catheterise yourself before going in?
    I do remember that for both of my Castle Donington Monsters of Rock attendances, I didn't eat or drink all day and somehow managed to do without the toilets (or indeed pissing on the spot).  The toilet facilities looked rank, and I was afraid I'd never find my way back to my friends if I did use them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I only saw them once - on the Black Ice tour, which feels recent but is already 15 years ago.

Whatever it is they had, they still very much had it - and in spades - in 2008.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    I learnt guitar listening to Angus and Malc on cassette rewinding countless times until I worked out every chord and note.  Their Live In Paris concert video is my favourite, raw, real,  awesome.  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    AC/DC are, for me, a bit like Thin Lizzy.  I've always wanted to like them but I've found myself unable to do so.  There doesn't mean to say I don't admire and respect them however.
    With you on Thin Lizzy, but I've always liked AC/DC... however I do think their best days are long behind them.
    For me that would have been when Bon Scott pegged it.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Philly_Q said:
    BillDL said:
    I often wonder what people in the standing area do at venues like the massive River Plate stadium.  Do you just piss on the ground and hope nobody around you complains, or catheterise yourself before going in?
    I do remember that for both of my Castle Donington Monsters of Rock attendances, I didn't eat or drink all day and somehow managed to do without the toilets (or indeed pissing on the spot).  The toilet facilities looked rank, and I was afraid I'd never find my way back to my friends if I did use them.
    If you're anything like me, that would never happen today :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Who’s playing drums now?
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    BillDL said:
    If you're anything like me, that would never happen today :-)
    I'm not too bad actually, but I make sure I drink plenty of fluids nowadays so the toilet would have been required at some point!  It's academic though, I'm never going to another music festival. 
    Who’s playing drums now?
    An American guy called Matt Laug.  They've made no announcements about Phil's absence or whether this is a permanent change, a temporary replacement or even just a one-off for the show they just played.