Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cleaning Mold off my Speaker Grille Cloth. - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Cleaning Mold off my Speaker Grille Cloth.

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
Some mould has started to appear on the grille cloth of my Blackstar Artisan 30. Does
anyone know a solution to remove it? I don’t think the cloth is easily removable. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2008
    I used to use vodka on a tweed amp. Wipe it over the mold and then carefully wipe with a damp cloth. Would work best in a heatwave. Be careful doing that around a speaker though.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'd suggest white distilled vinegar. Preferably remove the speaker and then use a spray bottle on the grille cloth.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've found that vinegar and bicarbonate of soda work well on mould.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I used hand sanitiser gel on a Peavey backstage. Less chance of getting the speaker wet
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
    Thanks for these suggestions guys. Gonna have an experiment next week.