Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 3 new Teles - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

3 new Teles

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
edited October 2023 in Guitar
Well, new to me anyway

Fender Telecaster Esquire Custom GT set neck with Duncan Invader pickup, about as much removed from a Tele as you can get, but Im smitten! Lovely CAR finish, huge frets, huge sound…..its made me question all my other guitars….appears virtually unplayed, in remarkable condition as it is 20 years old MIK 2003 

Blacktop Tele, Ive fancied a 2 humbucker Tele for a while and scored this from Andertons, before I came across the GT above, I like it a lot, but wish I had seen the GT earlier, then I wouldn't have bothered with this one, oh well….

Then this Fender Telecaster Esquire Custom Celtic became available, so I bought this one also, this has had much more use that the GT, bridge is very tarnished, a few high frets, tuners were awful, an EMG 81 pickup, there are a couple of really small dings, but pretty bloody good for a 20 year old guitar, MIK 2003, so I ripped it to bits, gave it a bloody good clean, levelled and polished the frets, changed out the original black tuners for a spare set of chrome jobbies I had kicking about, replaced the pickup with a MojoTron, rewired it, set it up, theres a replacement bridge and Fender locking tuners in black in the mail, another cracking guitar WIP

To complete the set Im now looking for the Scorpion version of the Esquire, if you have one to sell or know of one please message me….like the one below

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader
    When I saw the thread title, I knew whose post it was!

HNGDx3
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Love the Celtic  <3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    All nice but that GT is the mutt's nuts, especially in red.

HNGsD!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Teles with 'Trons are the very perfect sound for me. Silver  / Pewter is awesome and matching headstocks rule. If you ever get bored of it.... ;)

The CAR is bloody gorgeous.

I's not very often that a blacktop comes third in a beauty contest. Still lovely though.

HNAD
    HNAD
    HNAD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • THREE!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Yum! Never seen the Celtic one before. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Jeez dude.. have you thought about maybe spending some of this on therapy? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    edited October 2023
    I know..its a bit mental, but I got the Blacktop, then I discovered the GT, wished I hadn't got the Blacktop, then the Celtic turned up and I couldnt resist and well, ya know, before I knew it, there were three…..chances are Ill move the blacktop on…then get a Scorpion ……
    A chap has to have a hobby FFS…..oh bloody hell!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    THREE!
    You can never have too many Teles.

(I’m expecting a whole heap of ‘Wis’s for this)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    HAL9000 said:
    THREE!

(I’m expecting a whole heap of ‘Wis’s for this)
    Wis from me…obvs!   ;)

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Nice guitars !  That dog of yours must be a PITA though ;)
    sev112 said:
    The Sloth is good as gold, these 2 however, have their moments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    A friend of mine had a gt exactly the same apart from being a lovely blue colour.

I really listed after that guitar. Sadly it was stolen in a burglary.

Beautiful guitar though, enjoy yours.
    edited October 2023
    paulnb57 said:
    HAL9000 said:
    THREE!

(I’m expecting a whole heap of ‘Wis’s for this

Nope, can’t have too many…

Although the Corvus and the Blacktop will soon be advertised…probably

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited October 2023
    paulnb57 said:
    I know..its a bit mental, but I got the Blacktop, then I discovered the GT, wished I hadn't got the Blacktop, then the Celtic turned up and I couldnt resist and well, ya know, before I knew it, there were three…..chances are Ill move the blacktop on…then get a Scorpion ……
    A chap has to have a hobby FFS…..oh bloody hell!
    It’s all about getting on that hobby horse.

That set neck GT is special 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    DiscoStu said:
    Never seen the Celtic one before. 
    The Fender Custom Shop had a phase of one-off Teles and Strats with faux marble finishes and Celtic symbols. (Other contemporary offerings had Native American tribal symbols and cowskin pickguards.) These trickled down to the less well-heeled amongst us as Squier models sans the marble effect.

I briefly had the HH arched top Telecaster but soon flipped it.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57 said:
    sev112 said:
    The Sloth is good as gold, these 2 however, have their moments

Gorgeous! Those Teles are pretty sweet too.  :-)
  • Each more beautiful than the last!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    HNGD. Although I must say that when I clicked on the thread I was expecting to see actual Telecasters!  ;)