Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pedalboard solution - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pedalboard solution

What's Hot
Hi guys,

So I picked up guitar for the first time for many years recently and have got right back into it with rebuilding pedal collection and so on. With that, I need to put together a board if I’m gonna get back to playing live again.

however, at home I like to loop and mess around with pedal order to create different sounds. I can’t afford a fancy switcher where I can mess with the order that way but I don’t really want to Velcro a bunch of pedals down and then have a hard job moving them when I want to mess around. Anybody got any creative suggestions of how to Mount my pedals securely enough for travel but not so securely that it’s a faff anytime I wanna mess about at home, which frankly is gonna be a lot more often…

I’m all ears for solutions! Thanks. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    edited October 2023
    Old style pedal case, with carpet in the bottom, and a layer of sheet foam in the lid. Pedals are completely untethered when the lid is off, and securely held down by the foam sheet when the lid is in place. Depending on the carpet surface, you might also decide to use ordinary hook velcro on the pedals, as they will be easy enough to shift around when you want to.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This is good. It’s the simple things you don’t think of (well, I didn’t!) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Yep the only tricky bit is getting just the right depth and density of foam. Trial and error !
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Keep the pedals where they are but use longer patch cables?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Its not hard to remove velcro pedals from a board surely ?

Youre creating more work for yourself, imho. :)
  • Its not hard to remove velcro pedals from a board surely ?

Youre creating more work for yourself, imho. :)
    I found recently that a knife under the velcro makes taking them off really easy. I sold a volume pedal and it was not budging - sliding a knife underneath worked wonders
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 464
    edited October 2023
    Its not hard to remove velcro pedals from a board surely ?

Youre creating more work for yourself, imho.
    I found recently that a knife under the velcro makes taking them off really easy. I sold a volume pedal and it was not budging - sliding a knife underneath worked wonders
    I have a small slotted nylon spatula I stole from our kitchen drawer that I slide under a pedal to seperate the heavy duty velcro. It works perfectly and I figure if it doesn't scratch a pan it's unlikely to scratch my pedal. Hasn't yet! 

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1565
    edited October 2023
    Maybe an Aclam board, they use rubber clamps to attach the pedals - I’ve got one I’ve had for years and I like that it’s easy to muck about and change stuff and is velcroless

Joyo do an, ahem, cheaper version as well which I was tempted to get and flog this.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Maybe an Aclam board, they use rubber clamps to attach the pedals - I’ve got one I’ve had for years and I like that it’s easy to muck about and change stuff and is velcroless

Joyo do an, ahem, cheaper version as well which I was tempted to get and flog this.
    Interesting, hadn't seen these before. One of those with a hard case would be ideal !
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    One idea I had was to use magnets on the pedals and plant a thin piece of steel on top of the board. I got some magnets with  a centre hole so I could remove a screw from the pedal and replace it with a longer one passed through the magnet then into the pedal. I did it on a couple of pedals and it worked really well but other pedals I had used different screws and I moved onto something else before I sourced the right screws. 

I still think that's the most elegant way of doing it so might have another go sometime
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I take a suitably sized piece of MDF painted with blackboard paint, rubber feet on the bottom then stick the pedals on with Blu Tack.  (I hate self adhesive velcro with a passion). 

I also take a couple of contract kitchen unit handles and put one either side of the board. Gives the pedals a bit of protection and makes my DIY monstrosity look a bit more pro!