Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, February 2024, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, February 2024, Bristol

What's Hot
BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
edited October 2023 in Events
This will be our 5th Bristol based jam, for which people travel from far and wide. We are a friendly supportive bunch of varying ability levels, so you will fit right in!

Depending on numbers, this jam will either be at Firebird Studios or Factory Studios, where all prior jams have been held.

Don't delay get your name down today!

Expressions of interest:
mrkb
Brocco
roberty
stratman3142
Bennyboy-UK 
Jonathangus
bobblehat
Neilybob

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Ah, go on then. I’m interested ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I want to do the Ballad of John and Yoko at the next one
  • I'm interested.

It's not a competition.
  • I’d love to come :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
    Was survival car dropped deliberately today? I actually learnt that one properly lol. We could do it next time
  • roberty said:
    Was survival car dropped deliberately today? I actually learnt that one properly lol. We could do it next time
    My bad. I went through the songs we hadn't done with @onlyonebradders and we must have missed that one.

One for next time. At least we had no shortage of songs to play.

It's not a competition.
    roberty said:
    My bad. I went through the songs we hadn't done with @onlyonebradders and we must have missed that one.

One for next time. At least we had no shortage of songs to play.

Oh I was knackered lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    roberty said:
    It would be really nice to hear your solo guitar arrangement for the Quueen track in full next time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Would love to come but not sure if I’ll get a pass this time. Will be a very tentative yes for the moment!
    Would love to come but not sure if I’ll get a pass this time. Will be a very tentative yes for the moment!
    What do you need to get a pass out Ben? If you show the wife the photo from yesterday and say it’s a charity event to “help the old folk rock out” would that help ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Brocco said:
    roberty said:
    It would be really nice to hear your solo guitar arrangement for the Quueen track in full next time. 
    Cool okay, that'll be a good reason to keep my chops up in the meantime :-)
  • Yup, reckon so!

@digitalscream, could you sticky this please?  And un-sticky the one from two jams ago?   :)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

If Andy isn’t able to do any drumming in Feb, I’m happy to do it again. Would probably be able to add 6-8 new songs in to existing ones IF they can be decided on early enough for me to get them notated and learnt.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Should be ok for me . =)
    mrkb said:
    What do you need to get a pass out Ben? If you show the wife the photo from yesterday and say it’s a charity event to “help the old folk rock out” would that help ;)
    Haha, good plan! :) From roughly October to April/May coincides with my wife’s hockey season; so most Saturdays are out. I only got this one just gone as I missed it last year and I held her to her promise she’d miss a match this time!!
  • Would a Sunday instead of a Saturday be easier for some?

It's not a competition.
    edited October 2023
    I’m ok with a Sunday, firebird studios said it was quieter/easier onto park on a Sunday 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    I'm okay for either Saturday or Sunday 
    Doesn't bother me either way
  • Yarp, either is fine for me chaps.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Sundays are fine with me
    Sunday, bloody Sunday

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    edited October 2023
    I'm interested in playing.

I can do Saturday or Sunday's. Though I'm not available the first weekend of February. 
    Would a Sunday instead of a Saturday be easier for some?

That would be awesome, but I don’t want everyone putting themselves out just because Saturday is awkward for me. If it’s easy for people that would be great though as I’d love to come.