Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guitar wall hanger recommendations - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guitar wall hanger recommendations

What's Hot
adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
Looking for recommendations, was going to go with Hercules, any other brands? i'm always nervous of nitro burn.
Going to be buying around 15 so multi pack deals as bonus 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I've always used Hercules wall hangers, the type with three fixing screws and a triangular metal back plate. These are fitted to solid walls. I have ten guitars hung this way and I've never had an issue. I have a couple of their single guitar floor stands too. Not experienced any problems with nitro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Hercules every time for me both home and work
    No issues as far as in concerned
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    Thanks Chaps

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    String Swing have less moving parts and they hang closer to the wall so create less leverage on the fixings, I have a mix of these and Hercules and no problems with either
  • I have four of the 5 guitar String Swing adjustable systems .
    I can highly recommend them.
    I can also highly recommend the Gravity wall hangers and there floor standing multiple guitar racks 
    The foam they use is safe for nitro guitars.
  • I bought a bunch of these a few months back and haven’t had any issues at all with the nitro on my PRS’ or Eastman:

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/guitar-wall-mount/konig-meyer-16280-guitar-wall-mount-black

They’re not as ‘secure’ as Hercules grab ones, but the guitars are going nowhere unless you knock them hard from below.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited October 2023
    I bought a bunch of these a few months back and haven’t had any issues at all with the nitro on my PRS’ or Eastman:

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/guitar-wall-mount/konig-meyer-16280-guitar-wall-mount-black

They’re not as ‘secure’ as Hercules grab ones, but the guitars are going nowhere unless you knock them hard from below.
    I wouldn’t trust hanging any of my guitars on those.
    You have a nitro Eastman and PRS  why not buy a couple of quality wall hangers that you can trust to hold your guitars safely?

• @Fingers657 - because they work perfectly well as-is?

I've used that style (also K&M ones) for a few years now with no issues, but 'upgraded' from rubber to cork ones. I used to have little bits of fabric sat on the rubber versions for any of my nitro guitars.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    Careful with cork hangers, the adhesive used to compound it tends to react with nitro 
  • No floor space available I assume?
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    No floor space available I assume?
    More risky than the walls mate, got 3 dogs and ones a chewer so wanted them up and away, also its 14 guitars so would take up a fair amount of floor space
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • All types of foam breaks down over time and starts to shed and becomes mush.
    I had to fork out over £250 for two new replacement foam speaker grill covers for my audio speakers earlier this year after my old ones turned to mush.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    I bought a bunch of these a few months back and haven’t had any issues at all with the nitro on my PRS’ or Eastman:

I wouldn’t trust hanging any of my guitars on those.
    You have a nitro Eastman and PRS  why not buy a couple of quality wall hangers that you can trust to hold your guitars safely?

Those K & M ones are fine.  I've had 6 of them on my wall for over 15 years and no harm has befallen any of my guitars, including nitro-finishes.