Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD (Ibanez) - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD (Ibanez)

What's Hot
CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 378
edited October 2023 in Guitar
I don’t often but guitars but this was at a price that I couldn’t resist to be honest.  It’s an Ibanez AF151 and with one pickup and only 20 frets, the look I like from an archtop.  

It’s secondhand because I cannot afford to buy any guitar brand new.  In fact, I don’t remember when I bought a guitar new. 
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    Ooo that is lovely, I’ve no use for an arch top but can’t help liking them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    Looks great 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    A good choice. Long may you savour the sound!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Looks fantastic!

I'm no expert on Ibanez guitars but I also own one of their archtops (AKJV95) and while it has some oddities (awful faux "relic" hardware) the stuff that matters is top notch - fit & finish, sound, playability.

It's the guitar I probably play most as you can get a decent enough sound unplugged for noodling. I can't play jazz to save my life but it's one of those "I'll get around to it" things that I'll never have the commitment to get around to. Still, it looks nice and makes me happy when I play it.

Hope you get as much joy from yours.
  • I'm with spev on this: I have no need for a guitar like that; nor would I do it justice... but I'd really love one :)

HNGD!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• That’s lovely ,very George benson. Serious bit of gear enjoy
  • Wow, that really is a beauty. Enjoy it!
  • grayngrayn Frets: 769
    Tasty guitar.  Looks a bit like the Pat Metheny model.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I’ll join the chorus of admirers. That’s lovely, a proper jazz guitar. I bet it sounds great. 

Looking forward to hearing those m7b5dim9sus7 arpeggios! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    grayn said:
    Looks a bit like the Pat Metheny model.
    Looks even more like an L-5 CES or an early ES-350 (except with a humbucker rather than a P-90).
    Be seeing you.
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 178
    I have a AF155 and it's a great Jazz box.  Very hard to fault it.  I've owned it for about 5 years and it's never missed a beat.  
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've loved mine.  Happy new guitar day
  • Thanks everyone.  It’s a joy to play.