Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). For mobile phone tech heads - moving messages from old phone to new - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

For mobile phone tech heads - moving messages from old phone to new

guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Off Topic tFB Trader
So just updated my old iPhone (X or XR) to a new iPhone 14 - Managed to move, via iCloud, all my phone contacts, pics, song library etc

How do you move all your old text messages from the old phone to new

My daughter texted me and at that stage I hoped it might drag the old history with it - But it doesn't 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Maybe too late but I just switched to a new iPhone and everything came automatically; when I switched on the new phone it asked me if I wanted to move everything across. It then displayed an image that I scanned with the old phone (or vice-versa) and then everything moved over
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I would have moved them via the Cloud, but here are a few ways to try https://www.lifewire.com/transfer-messages-from-iphone-to-iphone-5074970
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    edited October 2023
    When you turn on the new phone, you place it next to it close by and it copies it across?

it essentially clone itself over, everything except the Authorisation apps, where you need export and import those separately.
  • Try using synchios free programme, download messages on old phone to laptop load them back into new phone 
    https://www.syncios.com/data-transfer/
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    Turn on iMessage in your iCloud settings. That should upload all messages to the cloud but not sure it goes back in time or only operates from that moment forward. 

You could also backup the phone and use that backup to restore to the new phone, but you’ll have to reset the new iPhone and lose everything on it.