Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Garrison Guitars - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Garrison Guitars

maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 2910
edited October 2023 in Acoustics
Hailed as one of the greatest innovations in acoustic guitar design 20 odd years ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=garrison+guitars&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:f28eefa7,vid:kee-880cxFU,st:0

Think Fender bought them out and closed them down if memory serves

Has anyone got one? @robwright bought one from @jmaster in 2018 according to a quick search 

I was wondering if they stayed stuck together?
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Based in St John’s Newfoundland 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I played one at the time. It was quite heavy, sounded unspectacular and rather like any other overbuilt acoustic.

Certainly not a great innovation, let alone one of the greatest.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    @ICBM hates Canadian guitars. Eny fule kno that. 

Garrison was widely respected and still has fans even today. They never aimed to make guitars in the class of Collings or Martin, they were a reasonably priced, practical, very tough instrument. You see them around for sale now and then to this day.

Unlike all those other brands, it wasn't Fender who bought them out and wrecked them or shut them down. It was Gibson.

RIP

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Tannin said:
    @ICBM hates Canadian guitars. Eny fule kno that.
    No I don’t! I like Larrivées.

But I didn’t think the Garrison I played was anything special, in fact it sounded remarkably ordinary considering that the construction wasn’t.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Tannin said:

Unlike all those other brands, it wasn't Fender who bought them out and wrecked them or shut them down. It was Gibson.

RIP

Happy to be corrected 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Larrivees are American since more than 10 years ago. (Sadly.)